Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20

1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119325

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Ok it is official, it will be may 20-21 on Lake Koshkongna,wis,, it is just n of Janesville, right off Interstate,It has a motel real close and on a big lake with the rock river so it will have plenty of running area,, I will keep you posted as I hear Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119327

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Bill, might be something I could attend. Keep up some info.
Would there be dock space or launching??
Cal

Lake Koshkonong Reservoir

Lake Koshkonong is a reservoir in southern Wisconsin. It lies along the Rock River, 5.5 mi. down-river from Fort Atkinson, primarily in southwestern Jefferson County, although small portions of the lake extend into southeastern Dane and northern Rock counties.
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119329

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The way it was explained to me they have 30 docks available {NEW} and a nice hard surface asphalt lot for on land displays, with the ramp right there with a tavern ,cant go wrong,Motels1 block,talking about a cruise2;00 fri then another boat parade2;00 sat,,i'll keep u up to date,,Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119357

Very exciting! I will be there for sure, short any major life catastrophes.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119362

Bill, OK calendar is marked. I talked to a couple of my Muskie fishing buddy's last week and they would like to come as well, so I will bring 2 boats. I called my brother in Ia. his friend has a early fifties tin hot rod boat and they may come too.

Hi Byron, looking forward to seeing you again, should be alot of fun and a bit closer for us.

Bill, let us know where you will be staying so we can get rooms reserved ahead.

Poker Run on Friday?

Regards, Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119363

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I will have to see if I can get one of the boats ready. How old do they have to be to participate? if my 1965 isn't ready, can I bring the 1987 to run (not display)?
Is this how you retrieve a sunken boat with a front mount hitch in the Winter?...quite the 4 wheel drive if it can do it :) ...or is this the new way to search for Crappie instead of buying one of those underwater cameras?

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119367

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
You should know all about this stuff...it's how we check the ice thickness to see if it's ok to walk on and set tip-ups.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119374

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Couple of questions.
Would there be an area to park my old RV?
How's fishing?
Could I bring some old inventory and set up a card table?
Is it the landing on Blackhawk Is Rd?
Cal

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119391

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Here is Jims number,he can answer questions 6082207918, I know there are camp grounds, I know we used to fish it for catfish when I was a kid,I know the show is right off Interstate at Anchor Inn,He will have answers for setting up something,He was thinking about talking to motorheads ,,aomci, Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119393

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
My gosh, Edgarton is where I got my Herters fish from, Just up the hill and down a curvy road.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119533

Hey Bill,

That sounds like a good time. The Anchor Inn looks like a great place for a show. I will mark it on my Fiberglassics calendar and hope to be there for sure.

Thanks,
Terry

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119540

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Opinions welcome:

If I can make it, which should I bring:
1. the 1965 Powercat one owner survivor? OR
2. the work in progress 1958 Wilson? I can only tow one, but can use advice on both - thanks.
Dr.Go!
Attachments:

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119545

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bring 'em boat...lil' up nort humor. Wisconsin allows tandem towing :laugh:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119547

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Not a doubt Powercat,I might take samoan then I would have a running mate,but I do have a cat c u Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119548

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Not a doubt Powercat,I might take samoan then I would have a running mate,but I do have a cat c u Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119560

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Saw the Samoan in Tomahawk back when...my jaw was on the floor - Wow!. That boat just might be the culprit that sent me on a mission to find a Powercat (because my Dad had a twin cat in the 60's)...I had been on and off again looking for a decade, but that ignited my fire. Mine is just a surviving daily driver, but I love it. Yours is pure art and excitement!
Dr.Go! (Mark)

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119562

Hey Bill,

Nice poster.

I will try to rally the Glasspar folks to help Rock Koshkonong!

See:
www.anchorfun.com/

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119593

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Nice also putting this one in my calendar hope to free up some time to make it and possibly have a boat ready for it....

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 8 months ago #119612

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I just heard that the I-39 bridges over the Rock River (right next to this event) will start replacement construction Spring of 2016 and go until 2018. I am sure they would always keep lanes open, but not sure how it may affect traffic during peak travel times. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who may be coming from the south and crossing these bridges. It just kills me to see an outboard boat rear ended in traffic and see them broken...I have to look away. That happened to a friend a year ago with a newer fishing boat...it had to be replaced, and Glassics are NOT replaceable!

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 7 months ago #119990

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ya I am sure they will keep 1 lane open,,there is a café there that serves blue gill very good Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 7 months ago #120016

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the Blue Gill tip. Cafe' fishing is my most successful!

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 6 months ago #121110

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
This is getting closer,I am waiting phone number of the local chain motel will post it as soon as I get it,,there is no snow to melt so should be past the flood threat so should be a good one,,c u Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 6 months ago #121123

Thanks for the up date Bill.
Been getting a little snow every day for about a week now but mostly gone by nightfall. Come on spring!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 6 months ago #121223

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MOTEL IMF,, they do have a block for boat show folks it is a very nice and close motel,Comfort inn 11102 Goede rd,Edgerton,wis 53534
PH 608 561 4533 ask for boat show block the discounted rate is 110.00 2 queen beds, any questions call JIM at608 220 7918 There is a campground close also,Jim is in charge of the show and has all answers,,I am just a mouth,,C U Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121490

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Can't wait for the show!!

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121528

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Really going to try and make it, hope weather cooperates. Will there be a swap area? I plan on getting rid of all my "inventory". Back of my Jeep will be filled with boxes of neat stuff, chrome hardware, electrical, lights, motor parts, mooring cover, lower units, cheap dinged props and assorted sundries.
Getting too old and sore to keep crawling around inside the sweethearts.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121533

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
63 Sabre - I never thought about parts...I need to make a list and save some nickels. I am pretty sure I need a few little pieces of something here and there. I hope to make it with my Powercat, but know I need to pull the lower unit and replace the seal that is leaking (impeller time too since we will be in there). Depending what I discover will determine if I will keep my boat on the trailer, or if I get to actually run it.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121540

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
If I bring the "Pull Toy" it will have to be in the water. It sits too high on the trailer to be really looked at. Besides why bring a boat if it doesn't get wet? Free evening rides to those who just come to display their beauties.
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121542

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That boat is WOW. My boat will float, just not sure yet if it will go. I have to wait about 2 weeks before I can get to it. Yours looks like a million bucks just sitting there!! very nice.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121544

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wasn't always like that. Was a $235.00 basket case a few years back from Rawhide. Estate sale involving lawyers etc. Stored behind a shed with garbage piled on top, caved in deck et al.
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121552

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bring me tee nee rims with clips to hold caps 12in,also I would buy attwood 3 pod space ship looking bow lights,or c u Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121553

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
No longer a basket case I see...Love it...yours too Bill! The Gale gives it a special touch.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121625

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121636

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the links.
See ya there, Gene
P.S. I sent you another Email on the Seafair Sedan but I don't know if you got it.
I can't trust my Email.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121640

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Just to make clear. The gathering is on Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st. What about Sunday? When should I arrive to launch and tie up? Thursday evening?
If the Admiral comes along it will be with the old motorhome, if not then the Jeep Liberty. Still planning on bringing all my inventory of used "stuff" :laugh:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121670

Gene,
Saw your email but no pictures were attached. There has got to be an easy way to hook up water and test run that Volvo.

Cal,
Talked to Jim last week and they plan on doing something Friday afternoon and will probably be a cruise.

I do know launching on Friday, overnight mooring, a slip for the show on Saturday and a couple drink tokens is all included for the $25.00 charge.

Talk to Jim @ 608-220-7918

See you all on the Rock at Kosh!

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121675

SIGH-H-H-H-H-H
:(
It sure sounds like an awesome show with a bunch of fellow fiberglassics folks planning on being there.
What sort of weather would be typical there in May?

SIGH-H-H-H-H-H
:-(
doc F

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121684

Sunny and 70 is what we are hoping for!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121685

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Friday will be fine to put in or sat Jim will have assistance,Im sure there will be a hitch if you don't want to use Motorhome,, there is a campground on water just down the road but call Jim with any questions its his ball game,the motel is close but campground is a few miles I think He was talking about a 2 oclock cruise fri and sat,,c u all Bill,, Terry thanks for posting links,,

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121791

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
IT IS GETTING CLOSER,FILL YOUR TANKS C U SOON BILL
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5724 guests and one member online