Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122412

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Mark, I still haven't gotten any stickers or reg. card back from the DNR. I do have the temporary sheet of paper though. Two weeks ago I went to the DNR office to inquire and they said they started mailing registration stickers last week,(the check is in the mail). In fairness they are changing over to all digital computer systems and I cut them some slack. Holding off on buying the numbers since I usually order them from a local sign maker who specializes in truck graphics and I pick out a script that looks cool :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122419

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Jim will have name tags for all that reg along with boat card and drink ticket[10.00],with ramp fee, the reg fee is 25.00 I was thinking it might be good to have a supper at the Anchor inn Friday night,in case people come in later..?? also they have a nice patio on water by our boats for sat.We will play it by ear and see how it all works out and next year better it.If they will have us back getting closer c u Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122425

I plan to leave here @ 9:30 tomorrow morning. Hope to be at Pettit's by about 2:00. Bringing 2 boats, long to do list. Got to GO! GO! GO!
CU gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122435

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Boy, looking at some of those pictures I'm ashamed to bring my shade tree garage built non professional Tomahawk. Don't any of you guys start laughing :P

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122438

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Learned a long time ago no matter what you do them never laugh might need a tow, they are made to use c u Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122440

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bill, I can bring a high school yearbook with Denny Danens Pic.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122455

Hey Cal,

Just look for Mama Mia! I won’t be far away wavering an ice cold can of Tecate with a slice of fresh lime.

Look for Hal and his Chris Craft Cavalier.

I heard Del is making the trip down from the Land of Lakes with his Saucer Boat.
Da Coach said he is bringing one of his three Chrysler Chargers but I don’t think it’s this one.

Our friend Bill from Ohio is bringing a 59 Glasspar Avalon with big ole horns. I tried to convince him to bring his intriguing Veda but it’s not street legal yet. Hope to see it at the Midwest-All Classics at Beloit in July.

Photo above courtesy of Woody Boater.

Glens new Sedan isn’t legal yet either so he is bringing his sweet 60
Glasspar Citation.

Also hope to see Brett and his all original 59 Glasspar Lido.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122460

Terry, great line up!!! It will be good to see a lot of those people again. When will you be arriving?

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122463

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sounds like it will be lots of fun. Looking forward to it. Weather forecast is ideal, mid to upper 70's. Got all my 'inventory' packed in the Jeep.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122467

Hey Gene,

The boat is ready to travel and now I just gotta get me ready.

Hope to be on the water around noon but will see how it goes.

So how was the mushroom harvest?

Terry
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122468

OK Terry, see you latter. Mushrooms not so good it froze them off this year. But we got some. (for Sat night!!)
Cal, the weather looks to be perfect.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122469

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Bummer, Splashed the Bell boy yesterday and the stufffing box is dripping one drip per second roughly........ I dunno if I should risk it and come down with her or not...... any thoughts.....

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122497

Cool boats....Great food.....Good company.....Beautiful weather.
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122501

Great show today at at the Anchor Inn restaurant on the Rock River.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122503

Very nice. Wish I was having some fun. My horrible boss is making me work today :(

Andreas

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122504

Wow, lots of really nice boats!!!!

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122507

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
It would be impossible to ask for a better day, sun, low 80's, little breeze, good friends, lots of boats and the smell of 2cycle in the air.
What an enjoyable day. Thanks for you organizers.
Last pic is Gene leaving us behind. I've a few more water pictures that I have to resize first.
There is one more question that is bugging most of us and the owner, WHAT BOAT IS THIS?? No ID and even though it has a reg # the state has no record of it.
Didn't get the Tomahawk running, fuel delivery problem somewhere and I think I boiled it down to a leak in the tank siphon. Thanks to Mark, "Dr. Go" for the help and paddle :laugh: and Paul for hauling me around in his Lone Star with the beastie 100hp golden meteor which I'm sorta partial to. Just a wonderful group of glass heads.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122520

Had a great time!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122526

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yap it was a good couple of days,Jim the promoter and John the owner of the great locaton and bar are planning to do it again next year.Nice area,,river and the big lake.Good atmosphere,friday had great blue gill fry,,put it on the calendar,,will keep you posted Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122527

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Just got done with yard work today in the hot sun...yep - Saturday was WAY better in the boats with Great new fiberglassic friends. a BIG Thank You and shout out to Anchor Inn and to Jim for helping put this together with Bill. My first ever show...but not my last. This is already on my calendar for next year. Great boats, great people and great food. Great boating location...I am sure thankful for a great day and great new friends.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122529

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
You might want to pencil this event in you calendar.
I took first place in the glass last year but if some of you fellas show up it will be amazing.
www.dcmm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016_Boat_Registration_Form.pdf

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122534

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I really wish I could have made it down, but regrettably the boat wasn't ready, Maybe the next show.... Ran into a few issues on splash down, fuel, wasn't pulling from one of the two tanks, stuffing box was leaking excessively, and hesitation right after the boat planes, which got worse after I fixed the tank issue..

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122538

Well, I'm still smiling a day later! What an absolutely perfect day to be on the water and a great bunch of boat-heads to share it with! Big thanks to Bill Anderson and the crew that put this event together and the Anchor Inn for hosting it. The setting was great, the food was good and the lake was big enough for a nice cruise. Glad to hear this will turn into an annual event. Nice kick off to the season.

First time I've brought a boat along to a show. Thanks for making me and the Lone Star feel right at home. It was really fun to meet so many of the guys in person that I've learned so much from on this forum and see their boats in the water doing what they were made to do. Cal helped me get some bugs worked out on the motor last Fall, so it was a treat to have him along in the boat for the cruise. It is always a pleasure to talk with Bill and Del. Shared a good laugh with KevFin about "Carp DeVille", the story he wrote about his search for his first Lone Star Meteor (the story is located at the bottom of the main page of the Lone Star section of the Glassic Library if you want to check it out). Terry, nice to have a sandwich and a drink with you. Mark, Glen, Nancy, Becca, Gene, Bill from Ohio, Byron and the rest of the gang, thanks for making it a really enjoyable day.

Paul

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122541

Thanks for all the great pictures. Yeah it was a great weekend for sure and had lotsa fun meeting and hanging out with you all.

Really enjoyed the boating down the river and up on the wide open lake. Gene and I went back out on Sunday morning and conditions were perfect for cruising. This is probably the best weekend before it gets too busy with vacationers.

I only took one picture and I like to share.

Bills boat really does go and she looks beautiful under power as you see evidenced above. But you know how these old motors really suck up that gas fast.

July in Beloit is just around bend

See:
www.classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=2&id=26587&Itemid=219

Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122548

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks again to Terry.s Towing for the quality on the spot service,I guess I will tell the whole story this was the second time of running out of gas in 1 afternoon,,thought it was full when I put in and it was almost bone dry so I drifted to the pump first time,,,but this is one thirsty V-4 Gale,, I would have been in bar more but this thing drank my budget up,,see ya all at Rockton and fast freddies Thanks to all Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122554

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bill, at least you made it on the water. Not like the Tomahawk that died at the gate. The stars were in alignment for that day. Probably the tank bouncing around on the 150 mile trip loosened and split the plastic dip tube, then I found that the O ring on the pickup end was bad, and finally the diaphragm in the fuel pump was really weak and stretched out but not broken. Put a new drop tube in the tank, swapped out hoses and swapped the fuel pump with the one that was in that for sale box. Someone missed out on that one cuz it was good :)
Had the motor running on a hose Monday evening.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122556

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
thanks to all of you that have taken pictures and the stories. looks like a fun time, I am planning on going next year , just as an observer. I did have a few cocktails sat nite for you all. and boy do you guys like to drink, lol. greg

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122571

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
Lots of nice boats and nice to see everyone out enjoying them.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122601

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Good stuff gentlemen. Nice to see these cool old boats in action on the water where they are meant to be. Looks like a fantastic weekend enjoyed by all and thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.

And Bill, yes those OMC V4 are gas guzzlers. Had a '59 Johnson version.

Eduardo.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122605

Thanks again to John and the crew at the Anchor Inn, also to Jim and Bill for promoting the show. I met a lot of great people. Looking forward to next year!
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122606

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
great picture Terry what people don't realizeI was running 30 or so and Del was about 1-2 faster,,hilarious to watch really something to see Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122634

Wonderful weekend!!! The weather was a real God send, and no bugs to speak of.
I too would like to thank those listed above and all who made this event so special.
Bill, the fishermen said that Del had quite a ride in the wakes when we took off and had a good laugh. Your boat looked great on the water as well as on land.
On the way home Dean calls on the radio "I'm loosing power" so we stopped in the sun checked fluids let her cool down and continued on for about 25 miles and it happened again. This time we found a bit of shade and topped off the front and rear pumpkins and the transfer case and continued on back roads north. After about 5 stops to cool down she only went a couple miles. Time for tow truck.
Dean has a friend with a shop in Wausau and a brother as well so help was on the way. We ended up leaving grandpas green boat at his brothers, it's home now.
The truck ended up having a plugged up catalytic converter.
I'm very thankful it happened on the way home and not on the way there. I'm glad I did not miss this wonderful weekend with all my friends. Gene
P.S. I did not get home until 1:30 in the morn.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122637

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wow - Gene. Sorry to hear of the troubles, but glad to hear you had resources to help. I was also glad to meet you guys and see your 2 boats! Hope to cross paths again this summer somewhere...maybe Tomahawk? I need to spend less time fussing with the boat and more time making new friends.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122638

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mark, next outing leave the waxing to the Admiral and socialize a little more :laugh:
Gene, sorry to hear of the problems but glad you were able to work things out.
Bill, I would have smoked both you guys....if the motor was running :laugh: :angry: :laugh: :laugh:

Going on the Fox River tomorrow evening with Denny's cousin in DePere to work out trim bugs and use the GPS for sea trials, keeping fingers crossed.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122643

Good luck with the Tomahawk sea trial Cal. Give me a call if you need me to drop in one of the Lone Stars to pull you home!

Although, if you bring enough beer you can just let the current bring you back down to the launch. Just don't go over the dam!! :blink: :dry:

Remember - There's always room for one more project!! (not really, my garage is full!!)

1963 Lone Star Triton w/ 1979 55 hp Johnson (soon 1963 Merc 850!!!)
1968 Lone Star Mustang w/1974 70 hp Evinrude
1974 Marlin with 1971 Merc 1350
1980 Glastron GT-150 w/1977 115 hp Johnson ( soon 1977 Merc...

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122645

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
always go up river first run, I drifted right to the pump,as far as racing,lets regroup with different boat,,c u Bill
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122670

Hi Mark, nice to meet you and yours. Troubles happen and friends of friends always seem to come to the rescue. Hope to see you on the water again and if not sooner at Tomahawk for sure.

Cal glad to meet you, your Tomahawk looked great wish she would have run for you. Good luck tomorrow. I wanted to get back with you for the rest of your parts but missed out.

Mark L, wish I could be there to film Cal hope all goes well for him.

Bill, If we are going to race I'll bring the Lil Champ bass boat so I at least will have a chance. LOL cu Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122681

I got a few more of Gene’s cool Shell Lake on new restored trailer.

In the background on the right you can see Gene’s Grandpas Shell Lake. A very sturdy mid-fifties fiberglass fishing boat. I should have taken some pictures.

Dino, Bob and Gene
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122682

Terry, Thanks for posting the pics. We left the trailer at the campground so no one saw her new paint and baby moons.

The last pic is Deano, Bob and me.

I very much enjoyed our cruise on Sunday morning, down river to the dam and back was a great way to end the weekend. Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122688

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Looks Great Gene! nice pictures Terry, I need to clean up the paint and get baby moons as well. What is the best way to paint? I don't see rust, but I do see where it was hand pained partially at least once. For an novice like me, do I hand brush, spray or ?? I do see where Preval Makes that small sprayer that looks like it could work??...or do I just find a rustoleum product? I just don't want to go through the sand blast and paint thing since everything is original and 51 years old. New paint, clean rims and baby moons sure make that look nice and way better than my old original grease covered rims with no caps.

Dr.Go!
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online