Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121844

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Looking more like I'll be bringing the Tomahawk, might not be finished though. The "Pull Toy" is just too big and heavy for my little Jeep to make the 150 mile trip. Lots of work to be done yet on the fin boat. Still planning on painting the topside tomorrow. Once that is done I can lift it off the trailer and paint that then start putting all the pieces back into the puzzle. Also bringing boxes of stuff to get rid of. Admiral sez to bring a folding table for the "junk" :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121970

My reservation is confirmed.
Pettit's lakeview campground. Unit 88
5/20/16-5/22/16 (2 nights)

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121981

That's great gene, I'll see you there on Saturday. I'm bringing the jetflite to this one, if you bring the shell lake maybe we can race them :woohoo:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121990

I'm looking forward to seeing you on sat.
Bringing the S L Tempest but she is not very fast, she just looks like it. LOL
GPSed Thursday at 31 or 32 MPH we tried a diff prop but no joy. I need to try to hook up the Aqua Meter tach, I used a cheap micro tack and it was reading about 1800 rpms at WOT but I do not trust it.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121992

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
crap!!! this one creeped up on me, I need to get my rear in gear, got the new transom core in the bell boy, just waiting for hardware... Hope I can make it down there this year!!

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121993

Bill,

My tanks are still full with that great non-ethanol we got on Gull Lake up in MN. Got Mama Mia! back home now and just gotta get her cleaned up.

Glen and I are working on Bill to get him to bring the Glasspar Zombie.

Glen is supposed to bring his latest Sedan. So we shall see how that goes.

Gene,

I got a spot and a slip at Pettit’s Lakeview too and it looks pretty nice.

www.lakeviewcampgroundandbar.com/

So when we gonna get to see your new Sedan?

Thanks,
Terry

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #121994

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
That would be good if Bill would bring google eye,,I think the campground is also the host to a boat race in the summer,,not far by water or road, you will have time to run the gas out of it that weekend I think c u soon Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122001

Joe you better make it down there this year! Boat or no boat, remember you can always hitch a ride on my jetflite if you have too :laugh:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122002

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm planning on going and dragging Vicki with me.. Also, I obtained that bell boy from south milwaukee 2 weeks ago, got it for 200 bucks without the motor. pretty solid boat, grabbed my 69 65 hp merc from a parts boat and rigged it, pulled the controls apart to rig it, and the wires crumbled, then got to checking the wiring motor side, wires also crumbling, good magneto but the lead wires are shot, can fix that, wires to distributor, also crumbling. Then to top it off someone sometime last week stole my tank and hose for it right out of the boat...

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122007

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I really gotta get my ash in gear. Honey do list is killing me! Got a week and a half to finish up the Tomahawk. Did a quick roll and tip on the white topside that I'm not too pleased with but it's satisfactory. Whole interior needs to be done now. Might be hauling a virgin down there that has not been in the water. Bring some tow ropes...
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122038

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Still doing impeller and new lower unit seals next weekend and also a little elbow grease to clean up...nothing like last minute "off to the races". I am a better procrastinator than anything. Good luck all and see you there Saturday.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122041

Sure...wait till I move 1200 miles away!! It will be perfect boating weather. Have lots o fun! Dave

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122050

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
You could come back for a visit,Ran the aero glas today 31.08 did fine going to st Louis for a show this week to make sure it is all running good for the following week in wis,,,getting close for a great summer c u all Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122067

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Do I need to call Jim at that number Terrydi left to actually sign-up and pre-pay for show entry, or can I do that when I get there Saturday morning? This is my first show, so I am not sure how all of this works. I can display on land or water...what is the preference?

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122085

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mark, let me know what you find out. I plan on making the trip early Saturday morning also. I would like to set up a table or a blanket on the ground and lay out my inventory that I'm getting rid of. CHEAP!
or just set it out for you guys to Perouse. Selling in bulk, boxes of steering parts, electrical stuff, chrome fittings, instruments and gauges, hardware, lights, tracks for Bimini tops with all the fittings, a FULL mooring cover with sides and brace, old dinged props, tail fins, cables, wiring, old trailer tires on rims. I'll edit and post some pics later.
And more stuff....

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122090

OK I got dibs on the 2 air vent scoops for my Tempest.
and the bow light on the left for the Malibu.
Cal what is that lower unit off from?

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122094

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Okay Gene. The lower unit is from a '60 75hp starflite. There is a large full box full of parts for that motor, heads, magneto, linkages etc. I don't want to drive back home with anything.
You guys pick through or I'll sell the whole shebang for $200. Everything pictured = the mooring cover not pictured, it's in a carrying bag and there are probably some gems in the bottom of those boxes.
I gotta call today to find out some rules and regs.
I will have a cooler there also :)

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122103

I need that lower if it is the same as the 63 75hp.
I don't want to be a pig and you may have things others are looking for but if we have room we will try to send you home empty.
Thanks, Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122106

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cal, I will get in line for a few items: If you have the 666 Airguide Tach, I need one. I see a fuel fill cap too. If you have 2 more air scoops after Gene gets his, I could use 2. I need a round steering hub and cable (will measure length...maybe 10-11 feet...its a shorty). I will need the lower transom drain tube and one or 2 upper splash-well drain tubes if you have them. I will bring my wheels anyway in case anyone has 2 nice chrome hub caps. I will just have to review my "wish list". Of course, I understand others have needs/wants as well, so I will try to only purchase what I need so others can find their gems too. I am sure we will all do our best to make sure you go home with an empty cargo bay :)

Thanks

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122108

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mark, I just phoned Jim about the show. He said they are going to start early in the morning. I don't plan on putting in the water 'cuz I'm not ready for that yet. He said it's ok to spread out a blanket behind the boat and put the stuff out. Going to be an early day for me, I'll be getting up around 4:30 to make the drive Saturday morning. Could start registration around 6ish.
Gene gets the scoops, I only have those two but I do have one of those lower type screw in brass drain plug thingies. don't know what tachs are there so you'll have to rummage. Sorry, no hub caps :(

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122112

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cal - that all works. Early get-up for me too...I thought we needed to be set up by like about 10, but earlier is likely better. I will see if my alarm works that early :). I will be on dry land, but if I get all of my maintenance complete, I would like to run in the afternoon with the rest of the boats (I will bring my tow rope in case my fix-it skills are not up to par that day). See you there with my Powercat.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122113

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The grounds open for the show at 10. Past experience dictates a lawn chair and cooler with beverages and snacks.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122154

On Saturday the 7th I saw 2 morel mushrooms buy one of my early trees. So with a little luck and if the rain continues we will be having fresh morels sauteed (Gene's style) and I been eating them my whole life, on Saturday night at our campsite. Welcome to all. Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 5 months ago #122162

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'll bring the beer.
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122248

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok you guys are in luck I eat morelmushroons,,we had a bad season this year,,also I am a buy for 12in rims with clips,,just got back from St Louis show nice meet but windy and cold,,good time though so we are ready for next week c u all Bill

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122253

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Weather forecast looks good for Sat. Warming up!
I think the Tomahawk is ready. Ran the motor on a hose yesterday, started right up after the air got out of the system. Plan on dipping the transom this week while on the trailer just to check impeller cooling. If she passes muster I'll need a volunteer Saturday afternoon maybe to splash it for it's virgin run. Qualifications are:
1. Must be 200# or more and sit in front seat to match the driver and help trim.
2. Must have strong upper body to handle a paddle...just in case.
3. Must have a sense of humor and be able to take these first runs in stride.
4. Must know how to tie a strong knot in the line so it doesn't separate while being pulled back to shore, if we don't sink first.
5. Must have a strong thirst after the initial run.
6. Must have a companion boat alongside to take "action" photos of two people crapping their pants.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122278

Hey Bill,
Changed my mind on working next weekend and talked dad into bringing the Powercat 23T to the Koshkongnam show. Just made hotel reservations. See you there...Terry
Attachments:

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122281

Now that thing is cool! I can't wait to see it this weekend

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122283

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
well guys, I hope you all have a great time at the show. I will have a few cold ones for you here in mn. I expect to see many pictures of the boats. and cal did you name your new boat yet , or are you going to wait until after the first splash? have a good time. greg

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122284

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wow - excited to see the 23T! That is quite awesome and I have never seen one in person.

Cal - I meet your qualifications, but will be in my own rig hopefully (unless something comes up). Guess I should bring a camera just in case my boat does work ok.

Dr.Go!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122295

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Now that is a beauty!

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122296

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
63 Sabre wrote:

Now that is a beauty!

X 2 !

Mark

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122300

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Greg, S.S. Minnow

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122304

Terrydi, Glad you are at Pettit's. I have someone interested in the sedan but have not followed up on it, I wanted to talk to you guys first.

Bill, I would like to see some boat racing this year, is it a APBA meet?

Mark, maintenance? Get er done!

Joe, bring the Bell Boy I will have an extra tank along.

Cal, 1-6 I can be your man.

The Morel feed may be a bust it froze here Sat night and shut them off, unless they come again with this warm up. Gene

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122313

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Terry Glad you and your dad can make it,your power cat will turn some heads as usually,I talked to Jim this morning,He will do reg sat morning,$25.00,He will have the cards for boats description,name tags, and a coupon for the bar/restraunt $10.00,Free ramp with assistance ,But who ever shows we are running Friday afternoon as a play day too. See ya all soon Bill, oh Gene I think the races are in midsummer

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122349

Great news! I pulled the Jetflite out of the garage today and it fired right up, so it looks like I'm good to go for this weekend.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122359

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
When are you going to be leaving home? I'll be traveling down I41 around 4:30am. Going to be a long day.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122381

1968jetflite wrote:

Sunny and 70 is what we are hoping for!

Hey Byron,

You called it. Forecast is low 70's and mostly sunny. Sunday even warmer.
Perfect weather for a boat show.

See you all on Saturday!
Terry

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122401

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
This will be my first time meeting most of you fellas so wear a large name tag :laugh: or hold up a bottle of rum. I'll be wearing an old well worn blue ball cap with "NAVY" across the front. Don't need to get a burn on the chrome dome.

Re:1st Annual Boat show lake Koshkongnan Wis,may 20 8 years 4 months ago #122411

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Me too, Cal. I will recognize that shiny new brute of a Tomahawk ("muscle boat"). I have never seen one with that much motor. I will have the Powercat outboard with my old Jeep (if it makes it that far - lol). I still do not have the boat registered or back from getting seals replaced and new impeller. Register today, pick up boat last minute I hope. At this rate, I better remember the 3 drain plugs!

Dr.Go!
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online