Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: pedal firetruck for charity

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51489

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
well the only thing i got done was winterizing the camper,and some more paint removal on the fire truck,im back to sick again,but i have to fix the spring house roof today,one of my nephews put a hole in it,i was hoping to hold off on that untill spring,im just going to have to cover it with a sheet of plywood then put a tarp on it and hope it lasts till spring,crap,tomorrow is my surgery,and i dont have everything done yet,oh well.

but the best news today is... i got the ladders frog made..wow frog,great job they are perfect,just fantastic,great job buddy!thank you,john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51492

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Don't know about your camper but for me it's not an easy job, blowing water lines, removing batteries, putting in the mouse preventive (Bounce dryer sheets and DeCon) and putting on the winter cover.
Take it easy on the roof, don't fall, might hurt your knees... sorry couldn't stop myself ;)
Hope everythings goes well with the surgery and don't rush the healing, things can wait.
Take care my friend,
Cal

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51497

i agree on those ladders. really nice. talk to you tonite. ron

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51504

Laders look AWESOME Frog!

John, take it easy and I hope the surgery goes quick and smoothly.

Bob

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51506

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Good luck tomorrow John. This whole project looks fantastic and I'm quite sure that it will finish up just as beautifully as it has progressed up til now. Tell your surgeon to bid HIGH when it comes up on ebay. Again, good luck and a speedy recovery.
Shipster

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51513

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hope all goes well tomorrow John, and a speedy recovery.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51518

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
thanks john and the rest. i like to do wood working, i have a heated shop for that and it's the only enjoyment i get out of the long winter months. john , you take it easy on your self and do not push it, as i said on the phone you are going to do my steering wheel when you turn 54, ok. and post some pic's of the cute nurses that you will have. lol take care bud and will call you next week to talk. frog

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51519

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you all for your kind well wishes,it was a bad day today,but i got it done,the spring house is a long way from my house so i fired up the mini backhoe to take the sheeting and stuff up to it,halfway there the tire went flat and right off the rim,i lugged the aircompressor ,and 2 cans of fix a flat,and rachet straps around the tire ,and it worked,i got done just before dark thanks to help from lorraine.
now im ready for tommorrow.thanks guys john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51899

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok,its 5 days later,and the surgery went well.
i am now able to use my left leg for short spurts,lol.
i welded the 3/4x 3/4 x1/8 angle on yesterday,i cut the angle at a 45,and the ground it so its not sharp,then welded it in place.

the sides of the truck were not as strong as i liked,and this will also keep the sides straight.
i will also weld the seat to it,as the only support for it is 3 small tack welds.

all of this will be sanded ,primered ,painted and then coverd with upholstery,thanks to todd,who is giving me 2 of his sewing machines that can sew vinyl,thank you todd you dont know how much i appreciate it.john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51904

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
What can be said that hasn't already...Great project, keep mending.
Cal

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51908

john, thats the stuff they used to do the upstsairs floor in the garage. at first i thot it was crap (particleboard) but learned it is stronger than plyscore. glad your healing well. ronjohn-gibson wrote:

ok,its 5 days later,and the surgery went well.
i am now able to use my left leg for short spurts,lol.
i welded the 3/4x 3/4 x1/8 angle on yesterday,i cut the angle at a 45,and the ground it so its not sharp,then welded it in place.

the sides of the truck were not as strong as i liked,and this will also keep the sides straight.
i will also weld the seat to it,as the only support for it is 3 small tack welds.

all of this will be sanded ,primered ,painted and then coverd with upholstery,thanks to todd,who is giving me 2 of his sewing machines that can sew vinyl,thank you todd you dont know how much i appreciate it.john

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51918

the bell is a rare find
I know it was the first part to "disappear" from mine....I suspect Mom....

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51948

John,
Projects coming along nicely, glad your healing ok but of course don't push it too hard buddy!

Bob

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51973

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks cal,i had to go to the emergency room last night,i had a hard time breathing,they think its because of the tube they put down my airway to keep me breathing during surgery,im feeling better now.
ron the OSB(partical board) isnt part of the truck,i just layed it under it ,while i welded it,so i didnt melt the plastic table under it.
lol,yep mopar,it makes noise,lol.
thanks wings,me,being the dummy i am went to get a draincock for my compressor on tuesday,too much walking,looking for one.
i think thats what made it hard to breath,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 10 months ago #51974

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John
Take it easy.
Fix a big glass of tea.
Have a nice sit in your easy chair.
Open the book Iron Fist (about 700 pages about Carl Kiekhaefer).
Read it cover to cover.
Take it easy.
Take it easy.
Your friend.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52169

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks neil ,i have to apoligize for not getting anything done,and say you guys were right,i should have taken it easy.
the nurse told me if i felt ok to walk on it, to go ahead and do it,but i think i overdid it,i spent all of yesterday and last night with a very swollen knee,i have a doctors appointment tomorrow,i dont think hes going to be happy,this not getting anything done is crap.
thanks for the well wishes all,john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52170

sitting idle and being patient is the hardest part of recovery John...... last thing you want to do is do something to make it take even longer! Take the previous advice and read some good books!

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52172

Ok, so I DO have to come up there and tie you to your chair!!!! LOL Can't say an anything else that hasn't already been said. Please take it easy.

Bob

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52482

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
phillip,yes you are right,it is hard to do.
bob ,lol,i am getting better,i finally got a little bit done on the truck,it takes a good bit of standing.
i got some of the heavy sanding done on one side,next is just a little filler ,then fairing.
before
whats done so far alot more sanding to go,lol,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52507

It's looking great.

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52508

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
It gives me a good feeling whenever i look at this thread. Take ur time, and keep up the exceptional work!
-jim

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52520

Nice progress! Make sure to try & take a break every now & then, we don't want one of the main Santa Claus's of FiberGlassics laid up through the holidays. Slow & steady progress is better then hampering your recovery! I will summon the I-Boats mob :S to back you into a comfy rocker with a nice pillow-top foot stool, & make you RELAX & TAKE IT EASY! :ohmy:

Someone will be extremely fortunate to recieve this when you are finished.

Keep your knee up & get back on 2 feet! Have a great holiday season & the projects & your fans will be here when your 100%....

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52534

Looking good John good progress. Little bits a time buddy, don't push it too hard.

Bob

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 12 years 9 months ago #52553

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,its all appreciated .thank you robert,i have a long way to go on this,but im biting at the bit to get it done.
yep jim,me too,thanks for donating it!

thanks jb,its not much,but at least its something,now i gotta quit whining and get back at it.and thank you for your kind words,this is what gets me going,great folks like you all.
thanks bob,you are right i want to take my time ,and get it as good as i can,no matter how long it takes,now time to go out and start the propane heater(torpedo),and get back at it,thanks to all of you,john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72459

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
hi all,im sorry for such a very long delay but my health hasnt been the best,right after my last post in this thread i had another heart attack,and another stent implanted inside one of my old stents,my joints have went downhill too,3 weeks or so ago i broke a rib,i know its no excuse,i should of had this and other projects done long ago.
but now its time to finish these projects.
and get some money out to some members for their kindness,ron,mark and frog.
and thanks to shipster for buying the cutter it helped alot.
todd's motor cowling is next to finish,i got a small run in it,so i have to sand and finsh the paint.

as far as the truck goes does anyine know of any tires/wheels and pedals for it,the rubber is junk on it.

again im so sorry for taking sooooooooooo long.
after these projects are done im going to finish eds cool 1950;s stroller/walker.john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72460

John, I'm a bit of a newcomer here but I've really enjoyed your posts and I want to say I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. I hope the coming year will bring you improved health and you can keep doing the things you love.
Norm

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72462

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you norm,i appreciate it,the folks on this site are amazeing,its easy to see just by reading this thread,now its time to live up to my responseibilitys,john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72464

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
,,,ya know,,, i had been wondering about this !
Sorry to hear about the ongoing health issues, john,,,

-jim

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72466

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks jim,i also had alot of house pojects to do,happy wife happy life,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72471

Just take it easy John and work at it. I've been cleaning my basement for three days now. I did in fact find the floor yesterday. I know about health problems too. They just don't go away. I'm having my right knee replaced on the 9th next month. I'll have to make a trip up there someday after it is done.

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72481

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
robert good luck with the knee,this and other projects not getting finished is really frustrating to me,im going to buckle down now,john

---Mark Twain

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72502

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hey john, you sure don't owe me anything. just take care of your self and have a wonderful x-mass season. your friend frog

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72505

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
frog wrote:

hey john, you sure don't owe me anything. just take care of your self and have a wonderful x-mass season. your friend frog

"Ditto" Just glad to see you back Gibby! :laugh:

Mark

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72528

Glad your back at it John. As we've said before take your time, it's not going anywhere, your help comes first. Work at your own pace. Plus it keeps you out of trouble. ;)

Bob

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72535

To ALL,

Each time that I look at this thread, I reminded of 2 things:

1. How "beat up" physically that most of us are.
AND
2. Nonetheless how much we as individuals and as a whole have/ARE accomplishing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all
"duckie" & satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72544

John, as I have said to you many times before, take care of yourself first. My hood can wait.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72545

Ho Ho HO, I do the Santa thing and I'm watching you.
Attachments:

Re:pedal firetruck for charity 11 years 9 months ago #72555

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks to everyone!
i bought the paint and pearl for it awhile ago,now i just need enough heat to paint after a little more body work,i think jim used it as a demo truck,lol.john

---Mark Twain
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online