Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: building rons console,stages

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35247

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Pix do look good, but I want to see it in person!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35297

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
john, i have been watching this project progress and i have to say that from a pencil drawing and that you turned it into a masterpiece like you have done is a remarkable talent, now i need a counsol for my fleetform. THANKS ALOT. lol real fine job john. frog

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35329

I thin John should be the next featured restoration expert.

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35330

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you jim,frog and robert,i appreciate that alot,believe me i do.but it took more than a week to finish it ,lol,lol.
ron and sue got here about 8:30 last night,they took us out to eat,thanks ron and sue.

i finished the console and got it cleaned a little ,it was very dusty,alot of sanding,today we will put on a new hub on rons trailer,before they go home.

the only thing that needs done is a new custom craft emblem.
ron will be here shortly to see it,boy im on pins and needles,lol,i think he will like it.john

Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35332

Nothing like woodwork eh John? I'm waiting for the dust to clear in the garage so I can get at my tiny travel trailer. I planed (Ryobi table top) some poplar to the right thickness, then trimmed the width with my table saw. It's the table saw that makes dust! I can make good length cuts with my power miter saw. Trying to rebuild a rotted out corner, hope to have it done and back together today. Bought a Bostich air stapler to rebuild it like it was built.

Hope you guys have a great time today. I want to get this trailer done so I can get the Power Cat out tomorrow!

Frank

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35333

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep frank,i enjoy it,except for a bad body that doesnt want to do what i want to do,lol.
and yep,between the cutting, shapeing,and sanding of the wood,i had to do the same with fiberglass,lol.alot of dust.
those are very good brand tools you are using.
how is your repair coming along?
i have had campers for alot of years and its hard to count how many times i had to repair ,or replace floors,lol.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35371

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well ron ,sue and the manta ray is on its way back to new jersey,they left at 4pm,we put a new hub on the trailer before they left,here it is in the daylight. a thorn between two roses,lol,my wife lorraine,ron and sue. a bigger thorn between two roses,lol,im the grizzled looking,"fluffy" guy ,lol,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35384

You should have taken the $100 I offered you for it. Now it's gone.

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35386

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It turned out great John.
Any hints as to the next project?
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35400

Outstanding as usual John!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's time for your boat. er boats! :lol:

Bob

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35406

JG,

That is some Mighty Fine Craftsmanship. You can't find that everyday at your local Wal-Mart. You done yourself Proud!!!!

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35415

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you flamingo,it is much appreaciated,its 2;30 am, i still have'nt heard fron ron,he said he would call,when he got home.[ hope they are ok,john

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35426

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
hmm,i had answered robert,neil and bob too,but it was 2:30 am,so i must have hit cancel insiead of submit,lol.so i will do it again,lol.
robert i know ,i should have sold the manta ray,lol,

thanks bob and neil,i wont have time for one of my boats yet,im going to paint a merc for mom and eds sunray"way back when",then we are going to try to install it,plus some other small things like getting it cleaned up.

after that i will work on one of mine.john.p.s. i still havent heard from ron and sue yet,john

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35431

john, wow what an ordeal from last nite, when we left you. first around jersey shore, traffic was stopped dead on 80 for 30 min. due to a pick-up that ran under the side of a semi.
then after we got moving again we started getting hungry. we got off at the next 3 exits and not one of the restaurants could we find parking space big enough for the car and trailer. at this point we are starving and frustrated. i tell sue we're rollin on to jersey where i know we will find a place to park but we have to fuel up in stroudsburg. well we get off and we had to go thru a back road to get back on 80. all of a sudden we hear loud pops and sue says it sounds like theres a flat on the trailer. :( i slow down and the pops are still acomin. i look back at the trailer and what do i see but fireworks right over the top of us. WHAT A RELIEF...because i left my jack block at john's and the jack won't reach the trailer frame without that 4x4 block.
by the time we reached jersey we decided not to stop and we'll eat when we get home. once home i try to get on fiber and tell john we made it ok without any trailer problems and i can't get on the internet. found out this morning there is a cable to the router unplugged, how that happened is a mystery because once you plug this fitting in you can't pull it out without pressing a lever. just as soon as i re-connect it, john calls. poor guy was up all night worrying about us. :( i told him i would email him when we got home. with the computer down and being late i didn't want to phone him and wake lorraine up. so thats how it went down. no problem with the new hub as john was thinkin. always somethin when we take our long trips pulling the boat. up next hammondsport..and i got my fingers crossed. the console even looks better with the seats back in. john did a superb job and i'm looking forward to others seeing it. see you in a few weeks john..luv ya buddy, ron
oh someone mentioned john next project...hmmmm..lolol

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35436

John and Ron,

This has been one of the most interesting and enjoyable stories I've seen on FG. The boat and console look great. Most of all... getting from the start of the project to the see the final product, and Ron's ordeal (but success) in getting home last night has made this story a real classic!

Thanks.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35461

Yes you have to let John know where you are. He was worried sick over you. As long as your safe we'll leave you off with-out a warning. :lol:

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35469

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you dean,that means alot becouse there are some fantastic,threads on here with fantastic folks writing them,and to put this in that catagory is a high compliment ,thank you sir.

lol hi robert yeah i was very worried that my job of putting on rons new hub went wrong somehow,and that they were stranded along the road.
i was going to call ron,but then i thought he maybe just forgot to email and i didnt want to wake him and sue,lol
im so happy it all worked out,john

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35475

deanlofall wrote:

John and Ron,

This has been one of the most interesting and enjoyable stories I've seen on FG. The boat and console look great. Most of all... getting from the start of the project to the see the final product, and Ron's ordeal (but success) in getting home last night has made this story a real classic!

Thanks.

Dean

the silver lake trip in 08 when i ran over the rake in my dumptruck was another beaut.

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35503

logo re-installed....
Attachments:

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35516

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
the logo from my old cc looks great ron,did you use the stamping method i suggested? it looks like it covered well,john

---Mark Twain

Re:building rons console,stages 13 years 3 months ago #35519

yes john..stamped and a toothpick......

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6631 guests and no members online