Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dimensional Emblems....

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25316

Ingenious!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25323

I had these cast at a local aluminum foundry. It cost $100 for the rough castings.
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25324

man andrew,you just keep amazing me,great job,i just got a steering wheel from ebay and the center design is only 1 3/8 inches across,i would like to repace this with one that you make,im not sure what to put on it yet though,lol,ill pay you for it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25329

andrew here is a pic of it,i think its going to goon the devil ray,and i plan on customizing it a bit,so could you fit "gibson custom classic"like i said though it cant be bigger the 1 3/8s inch across,maybe its too small,lol,john and here is the color of the interior,white and teal,thanks john
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25339

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
John-

I should be able to make that, no problem... I can work on some designs for you- I would probably have to change the design a bit so it'll fit in that small of a circle, but that's no problem. I'll do a couple samples.

-Andrew

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25342

wow andrew i thank you from the bottom of my heart,i would love having an andrew gott original,send me the bill,i want to pay you for your time,as i can see you are on to something thats going to be big,and your going to be a very busy man,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25346

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'm thinking something along these lines-

This is enlarged- the 'real' one is 1 3/8"...

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25347

Not to hijack the thread - who would have enough talent to recreate a decal/sticker for my Silvercraft? Here is the only picture I have of it just after I bought it three years ago. A couple of months later most of what is shown here was gone.

I know, not much to go with, but it's all I have.
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25348

Andrew,
That looks GREAT!

John that will look awesome on the Devil Ray.

Bob

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25351

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That looks great.
I especially like the outer font.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25359

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Something like this-

It's not done- Needs more refining. Lots of guesswork, of course, since there is not much left of the original!
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25362

Wow! You do amazing work! Thank you!

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25366

andrew wow!!!!!!!!!!! i love it,boy you are one talented person.
could you also while your at it make me a couple of larger ones,and can you put the word "custom "after gibson,like "gibson custom boat restoration"since i tend to customize boats,lol,some might say over customize,lol.
i thnk you from the bottom of my heart,let me know how much and ill send as soon as i can,john p.s. you truley amaze me and im kind of an artist,but you blow me right out of the water.

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25369

just noting some stuff, it seems to be two words instead of one and the North "point" is "below" and "between" the two words...I not picking honest just wondering if I can help Andrew at all, I can work the Words and the "Super-Man" Pop-out if he would like...

also the funny thing is the chevron that the star is "over" the "tips" of the star are even with the bottom of the chevron, it kind of reminded me of the old fiberglassic logo for a brief moment.

just got to "color" it a bit but this was just a ruff stab in the dark...literally (insomnia...)

let me know if I can help, not doing much of anything else other drawing in a reduced scale...which is a bit mind numbing.
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25370

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks, John. Glad you like it :)

It's EASY to make changes-

They look better in real life, These are screen resolution.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25371

if you can use it...but it's not perfect.
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25373

john, it looks spectacular!! :) i love it.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25374

mark, i think you and andy are on to something BIG. i would like to display it on some kind of fiberboard with the word "CustomCraft" with a pic of a mantaray worked in somehow. i'd purchase to display at shows. somethin in the 24"w x 18"h ron

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25375

Andgott wrote:

Thanks, John. Glad you like it :)

It's EASY to make changes-

They look better in real life, These are screen resolution.

wow thats great buddy,i think they look great on the screen,i love it,im going to use this as my logo,i think you might just be looking at the start of a very,very small bussiness,lol,if its easy to change could you make,the bottom words a little bolder(bigger and a small space between them,im sorry im such a p i a ,lol but like i said you are designing my new logo,lol,and im thinking signs and t shirts,at least a couple,lol and darn your good,i only want the change so people can read it at a distance,you really are good thanks buddy,

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25382

john, i thot the same thing. the bottom is hard to read.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25386

yeah alittle,but it is fantastic,i love it ,hes very very good.i cant wait to see the new one,i know it will knock my socks off,so i guess i am going to start a small bussiness,lol,just my little garage and me,lol,what great is i will have an andrew gott original design,how cool is that.im going to make up some t shirts and stuff,boy i used to have a construction company,it would be nice to sart another bussiness,im just very slow lol,i have to watch my heart,lo,but this is exciting to me,thank you andrew ,you have inspired me.by the way i love the colors and the j g ,perfect.
like i still have the tshirt with houstons design,its very important to me.john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25395

WOW!!
Don't forget to take your meds John.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25407

lol,yep jerry about 20 or so pills a day/night,heck i dont need to eat breakfast.lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25408

Ummm...I'm just reading this thread. I have original Evinrude emblems for the 1959 Lark. I own four of them and have collected lots of parts over the years.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25411

boy andrew i just read what i wrote,and it makes me look like i dont appreciate what an amazing job you have done,its absolutely beautiful,ill will use the ones you already made and i will be darned proud to have a andrew gott designed logo,please forgive me,and i thank you with all my heart,they are great,thank you andrew ,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25413

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
crosbyboat wrote:

Ummm...I'm just reading this thread. I have original Evinrude emblems for the 1959 Lark. I own four of them and have collected lots of parts over the years.

Yeah, I know this one isn't a rarity at all- It's just the only emblem I had with me, and I wanted to try an 'experiment'. I get restless like that.

I found some replacement emblems for this one already- $5.00- I figured that was a pretty good price!!

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25414

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John-

Don't worry- Changes are REALLY easy to make to the emblem. I want you to be happy with it, not just like it because that's how it is...

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25416

andrew thank you so much,i love the logo,its great i am adopting it lol,ill send some money soon as i can,your time and talent are worth it,really worth it,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25418

Brian, you have any Johnson emblems?
I got these from what's his name in Canada. They're OK, but they're not real.
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25422

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
There is someone selling those on E-Bay-

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-JOHNSON-SEA-HORSE-OUTBOARD-EMBLEM-MEDALLION-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d2dba48QQitemZ180609727048QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear#ht_2437wt_902

I don't buy the story of how he 'discovered' them, but they look nice all the same :)

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25426

Andrew and Houston - thanks for the designs. Not sure which one I like better - also thought maybe a shadowed cursive logo.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25436

well..I don't know if I am helping so if any one wants to grab what I am putting up..feel free use it how ever..

but yes to the norm I got totally lost in my cs5 and other programs....here's what I ended up with so far.

Havn't done the chevron in this but...

with a little bit of implied motion...

john take your meds...as for me i am on ...nada zip now, which could explain me playing with my graphic programs...
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25451

aquatech wrote:

maybe a shadowed cursive logo.

Ok that's not a problem, I was working off what was left of the OEM sticker...

Would you like that in a "standard" script with a drop shadow or a more retro 3-D with some flare?

it's a Silver Craft I would have to assume but what model is it?

yes I like toying with my graphics program.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25904

Houston,

I was thinking of just a standard script with shadowing because I thought reproducing something original looking would be impossible. I was wrong! Something retro looking might be good too.

Model wise, who knows?? All I'm going on is the registration which says it's a 1975 Silvercraft. I cannot find any ID numbers and I've only seen one other ever offered for sale. Silvercrafts were made in Oregon back in the 70's-early 80's.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25919

andrew,could you email me high resolution pics of the logos,i want to vista them,and they say it has to be above 75 ppi?? of course i will pay you for your time,thank you john

---Mark Twain

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25948

aquatech, in making them it not...that difficult because I have the editor software to make them and it fun for me also.

the problem is I don't know what to set the output for the person who is making the hard-copy (the decal). output as far as the file type and size -?- x -?-, which I could always email them the raw adobe cs-5 format file which could be used by any APS program.

I can work on a couple of different free styles, but what more can you tell me about the Boat, it's a Silver-Craft or is it SilverCraft, so far the Model is Unknown (which if you posted a picture of it surely someone may know), what is it's length? being able to put a nice 3-D number on to the manufacture name can makes it POP sometimes...

John..PPI is the setting for Resolution (e.g. 72 pixels per inch (ppi) The confusion seems to arise because people aren't sure of how these are related. They wonder if ppi affects the size of the image you see on a monitor screen. We know that displays are measured in pixels (e.g. a 1024x1280 display), and that screens are a given with (e.g. 15"), it seems logical that the pixels/inch setting should affect the size of the displayed image. Logical maybe, but wrong. Although monitors do have a measurable figure for ppi (pixels per inch), the ppi information in an image is NOT used for monitor display in web browsers.

so to explain another term, dpi, which is associated with printers. DPI stands for "dots per inch" and is a property of a printer and printer driver software, not a digital image. It's a measure of how finely spaced the droplets of ink can be in a print. However the number is a bit misleading since it's not always measured in the way you think it might be! Printer settings of 360dpi, 720dpi, 1440dpi and 2880dpi are often found. However the difference between then is subtle at best. Most people probably couldn't tell the difference and 360dpi usually looks great. Changing DPI does not change the size of the print. ppi controls that. dpi controls print quality (though as I said, over 360dpi you typically don't see much change) unless your using a high-end laser printer.

The really scary thing to take in to consideration is if Micheal Angelo had the capabilities of what we are able to do "now" back when he was working on the chapel's, his art work would have been better but he probably would have gone insane trying to work for the detail.

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25949

i always said.."JUST ASK HOUSTON"...seems like a good name for a new forum
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25950

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
This should work-

That's 4" x 4" @ 300dpi....
Attachments:

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25952

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
houston wrote:

the problem is I don't know what to set the output for the person who is making the hard-copy (the decal). output as far as the file type and size -?- x -?-, which I could always email them the raw adobe cs-5 format file which could be used by any APS program.

That's why I just make 'em all vector graphics.... I don't worry about the DPI, CYMK, RGB.... Just let if flow. Then, I can convert as required when or if I get the specs from the printer. Otherwise, I just send a big-A$$ed JPG :)

Re:Dimensional Emblems.... 13 years 7 months ago #25955

hehe, yea well what I tell people is simple, I can make -a- graphic that when your looking at it on my screen I have to mouse around the graphic to work on it because it will not fit on my screen, but that how you work in detail...

and to get detail you need to start large, then if when the time comes the programs can re-size the large format to a manageable size for what ever and who ever is working them for they can manage them...

my rule of thumb is I can make a great in detail picture that is huge that is re-sized smaller and it will retain the detail, but I cannot print a small image that is re-sized larger than what it was and expect it to have any detail.

hehe all alphabet stuff is only really noticeable when working in "layers" on an image before compressing it into single "image"...now I going to confuses people

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7035 guests and no members online