Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 9 months ago #22680

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Now heres a few Questions ..The Rub Rail was shot on the Delmar ..Anybody know where to get a simular one or something that would look nice ...?? 2 .Theres a channel piece that the side window slides in ..Mines Shot .. Ideas ?? 3. Late last summer I played around and Inspected the transom .It didnt look great from the top .I thought of pouring one because its Curved and seemed easier . I looked at the inside fiberglass and it was just a thin Covering that pulled right off . So nothing to pour into ...L.O.L..When I hit the transom with a hammer it sounded solid . The wood wasnt soft except for 3 inchs of the top on the right side .I took a drill and drilled into it . Except for the top 2 inchs everything was solid as new .The Sheets had delaminated some .I removed a brace that ran horizontal on the inside of the transom then tryed the sheets apart .The wood between the sheets wasnt mushy and seemed good .I bought some Gorrila Glue and poured it and spread it out between the sheets with a metal yard stick getting all the way to the bottom .I misted it with water thats what activates it and Clamped the crap out of it ..This stuff foams like crazy and Ozzed out of every where . So ild imagine if there was a spot I didnt get glue on It did it for itself ..I gave it a week then took the clamps off .There was no way I could pry those sheets apart .I stuck my 50 HP Merc on it then bounced on it .The Transom barely moves even with out that Horizonatl brace on it .So heres my Idea .I saw in 56 they had a short transom and a long .Im thinking about cutting the Transom down to a shorty (( I already have the short shaft merc for it )) that will get rid of the bad on the right side .Then seeing that the original Transom was only about 3/4 inch ill epoxy bond another 3/4 inch sheet in Replace the Horizontal brace then put a wooden bench seat in the back which would tie everything together and call it good ..Your Oppions ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 9 months ago #22681

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Larry
That looks alot like a Del Mar I had!!
Haven't heard from you for awhile, glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back in the swing of things.
Good news with the transom. The best news is that it has a Merc hanging on it.
Keep the pics coming, we are all watching and cheering.
Happy late Holidays to you.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 9 months ago #22682

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yup Im back Neil ..L.O.L. Felt to sick to die for awhile then with work and the Holidays and feeling crappy I didnt get on the net much ..Felt great to get out in the shop today and do something ..Not sure on that transom yet . Does Gorrila Glue last forever ?? It is activated by water so that was a Pluss ..Im just not a Big one for mechanic in a can ...L.O.L.I drilled all over the back side and the only little mush I found and it was semi solid Mush at that was the first 2 to 3 inchs on the right side way on the end .When I pulled the plys apart to maybe glue them I stuck a pry bar down in there and tryed to gouge at the wood . Sure seemed solid just Delaminated ..Ill have to cut it down about 5 inchs so What ever appeared bad should be gone and if I expoxy another sheet of 3/4 inch with Cloth in between the new and the old Im thinking it would be plenty of stroung enought for a 50 ..But theres apart of me that still wants to rip the whole thing out and start anew ..That Merc 50 a Guy gave me ..It ran crappy he said so he took it off and let it sit inside 10 years .He was moving and wanted it gone . Took it home and Comprestion was great . Spark was good . So I cleaned the carbs (( Full of Junk )) And put the muffs to her . She fired right up and sounds Great ..Havnt had it in the water but the guy said it wouldnt idle when he ran it 10 years before . Thanks Again Neil for going out of your way for me .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 9 months ago #22683

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry
That is the way to get a Merc. Hope she treats you and the Del Mar well.
Gorilla is a polyurathane glue I believe. Should be harder than a rock and waterproof when it cures. Yes it does foam, expand and create heat when it is curing.
Since our meeting I picked up a couple of Towers. I got two out in Portland. I called Thom (Frankenmerc) while I was there over Thanksgiving and he guided me through my purchases. Bless his heart. I picked up two 1964 1000's. One long and one short. The long shaft has a good powerhead, so it is the donor. Gonna build a shorty for my Hydrocraft. I got a suggestion from one of the forums to put a kill lanyard, a 23 cleaver, and a roll of toilet paper in it and point it straight and hang on!! Why not, I'm in! :)
Anyways, long post here, glad to hear and see you again.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 9 months ago #22684

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
The Gorilla Glue is already in there . It said it foamed but wow . I activated it and came back an hour later . The top was foamed over as well as every test drill I had made .I had it clamped super tight . Cant see it not getting into the places I was worried about . i did poke in a couple of times while I was sick and saw that you had found some towers .You had one pic I think where you put 2 covers on and she looked like a straight 12 if I remember right ...L.O.L..The Toilet paper is a good idea .. The Lanyard is a great idea ..You be carefull with that Fantasy ..That little boat should really Jump ...L.O.L.Ild keep her in pretty smooth water when you drop the hammer on her .Ild roll off the throttle easy to when you slow down .Some of those little boats will get pretty squirely if you cut the throttle real fast ..Just my 2 cents ...Peace Larry

Original rub rail 13 years 7 months ago #25361

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The original supplier that supplied glasspar its rub rail is still in business. They will have what you are looking for. Its where Im going to buy mine for the g3. Its about 2 bucks a foot for the g3 but I think the del mar is more. They are in California and ship. They also have other original glasspar items, just ask.

I spoke with a guy at www.wefcorubber.com/extrusions_marine.asp These are the folks who supplied Glasspar with the rub rail they used in the 50's and 60's.
Pete @ 1800 854 1220 knew the glasspar g-3 rub rail # off the top of his head.
www.wefcorubber.com/PDF/marine/Rub-Rail%20Inserts.pdf

Mike

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28869

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Figured Ild do a little update on the Delmar incase anybody is interested . Well the Gorrila glue Glued I guess but when I went to cut out the top bad piece I realized this was a dumb thing to do and do it right .When I started ripping some of the transom out even thow the outside wood looked OK much of the inside was Mush ..And in for a penny in for a pound so I cut some of the floor open .Top of it looked good but the plys were starting to delam toward the back so I opened her up more . I believe somebody was in there before . Alot of the fiberglass around the spars was starting to fail and come louse .The spars themselfs are still solid .Think ill clean her up good and reglass the spars .This transom has a Curve to it ..Whats a good way to cut a new one ?? I was thinking about going with 1/2 inch first and Bow it accross the back and mark it from outside the boat .Then I could figure out the thickness of the hull then cut that much inside my marks . Then make a second piece out of 3/4 and use the first as a template .Then I could Epoxy the 1/2 inch in and then the 3/4 to it giving me a inch and a 1/4 .Does that sound like a good idea ?? Im a Virgin at this .

Thats the Old transom .

Ive also managed to get alot of the wood and stuff done .

Outside decorative wood

New inside wood

New Cabin doors and Sliding Partians ..

Polished top windshield and Cabin windows ..I was really surprised how well these cleaned up and Buffed out .Ive got the hardware polished up and most looks pretty nice .Ild post them but this is long enought already ..Any advice on doing a Curved transom Ild be very thankfull for .Oh on the picture of the floor opened up . That center spar stopped right there .. Is it suppose to stop or run all the way up front ??

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28872

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The woodwork and windows turned out great Bobo. (Of COURSE we're interested!) I'm no help on the curved transom or the center stringer, but I do remember advice given to someone about laminating multiple thin layers (maybe even in sections?) on the curved transom to keep the form.

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28908

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Mark . The wood I stained with Cherry then around 6 coats of Spar Urethane .Its got a pretty cool grain pattern .Looking straight on its Medium Cherry but at a angle it gets this Gold color pattern to it .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28923

Nice work on the wood there. A quick question... what did you use to clean and buff the windshield with.... I have one on the woody in my avatar pic that could really use it.

THough I breezed through the long thread pretty quick....in respect to cutting down transom for a short shaft Merc... If I am not mistaken Mercury ascertained that the optimal height for a transom for the older mercs was something like 16 1/4 inches right... as opposed to the standard OMC 15"?

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28925

Nice work on the wood there. A quick question... what did you use to clean and buff the windshield with.... I have one on the woody in my avatar pic that could really use it.

THough I breezed through the long thread pretty quick....in respect to cutting down transom for a short shaft Merc... If I am not mistaken Mercury ascertained that the optimal height for a transom for the older mercs was something like 16 1/4 inches right... as opposed to the standard OMC 15"?

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #28960

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Barnfinder ..On the windows I used a regular High speed buffer NOT the orbital type .I put on a regular wool polishing pad .Incase you dont know the difference a polishing pads strands ARENT twisted together .There is a cutting pad where the strands are twisted together like Carpet .Those might burn the plastic easier .Then I got some Mequiars Cleaner wax . Its the step 2 in thier 3 part system .Then just basically buffed it out on Medium to low speed .Some of it I had to go over 3 to 4 times .Keep your pad moving so hot to build up to much heat . After it was nice and see threw I followed that up With the step 3 Mequiars Carnauba wax .I put 3 coats of that on again useing the buffer ..Worst part is holding the pieces still after you get some Carnauba on them .At my old body shop we cleaned up plastic headlights this way .Mequiars you can buy at Auto Zone now .Very Excellent Products they make and Fairly reasonable . About the Merc and the 16 1/4 .. I read that before .Not sure if its true .I guess my biggest concern would be to make sure the water pickups have good water to run in .Hate to overheat a good Old Merc ..By the way .. That looks like a nice boat in your avatar

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #29000

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
BOBO / Larry: GREAT WORK . Did not know Del-Mars had cabin partitions, thought open wall. Did you make the cabin door.?? Can you give me a note This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ..
Curved transom,- years ago my carpenter friend did a 61 G-3 for me , & they are curved , he had to build up many layers. Do not think any 1/2 can bend.. Saw one other member on here make up a transom with just 4 x 4" spare blocks.! Thought that was a easy trick .. Height measurements,- we have had many prior posts & diagrams, etc to clarify the short / long id. Short mid section is called 15" on a motor , from "U" clamp bottom to cavitation plate, as it hangs Straight down towards the water. The Boat measurement will work out 1 1/2 " more because it is on a slope , Or HIgh school algebra for hypotunese (?), thus 16 1/2 . . Newer hull measure close to 21 1/2 for long of the mid 60's or standard now.

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #29009

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Email sent

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #29049

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lookin' great Larry.
I am planning a trip to Wis. just for a ride!!!
I will stop in Point and have a beer with the in-laws and then come north and visit.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #29121

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
That would be pretty cool Neil . Hoping to be done before July 4th . Ive done some homework on Bowing Plywood . I took a piece of 1/2 inch and hooked up a couple of Rachet straps to it from end to end . Then I put wet towels on the oppisite side of the straps and tightened them up a Little at a time over a day .I kept the wood Moist .After aday or so I lousened the straps and she had a Nice bow to it .I put it in front of the fan on my wood stove (( Yes still have a heat up here ...L.O.L..)) and it dryed out pretty fast . Im gonna try a sheet of 3/4 inch . If it works ill use 2 sheets of ply for a inch and a half transom Thats thick than the original . At worst I got a $35 Target for the Rifle range ..Otherwise I could go with 3 sheets of 1/2 .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 6 months ago #29123

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep rockin' Larry, I am packing my suitcase. :)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 5 months ago #29135

It's a little late now, but tearing out the transom made your job more difficult. Had you left it in, you could have sandwitched up a couple layers of 3/8 and screwed them to the inside of the old transom. When cured, you would have unscrewed it, added another layer of 3/8 then screwed that back on the old transom. The process would be repeated 'till 1-1/2" thickness was achieved. Then removed, and the old transom torn out. The new pre-bent core would have been glassed in where the old was removed. This would keep the correct radius of the wall, so the top would fit back on.

In your case, the remaing wall is only about 1/8" glass with little strength. I would start by getting a DRY 2X10 lumber board laid on face across the top of the transom wall. Cut the width so the lumber will slide in between the gunwalls. Take a Sharpie and carefully trace a line from the fiberglass top edge into the lumber. Cut along the line with a jigsaw as carefully as possible. You will now have 2 curved edges to clamp either side of the sandwich core - while maintaining the correct shape. Start out with 1/4" ply as the first layer. You will have to get creative with the clamping. Then when that has cured you may be able to bump up to 3/8" layers. Continue to build with 3/8" till you have reached the desired thickness. It will take time, but this is the way to do it.

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34371

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well Im still plucking away at the Delmar .Been busy with work and well ...Life ...L.O.L... But I found sometime to get on her .I threw on a Tyvec suit and did some grinding , sanding and clean up work .It still amazes me that all Dressed up in Tyvec you still get itchy ..L.O.L..Sure makes you sweat inside one to while sitting in the hot sun .The stringers are all solid yet . Dont know what type of wood they are but sure is tought .I cut a couple of inchs off each one so I can get the new transom wood past them .They didnt go down easy .I ordered my Epoxy and the rest from US Composites .The guy was VERY helpfull and patient with me even thow I sounded like a Dummy not knowing exactly what I needed and gave me much info .Shipping was also very fast .
I took a large sheet of cardboard and clamped it to the outside of the transom and traced it from the outside of the boat .I then took a 1/4 of a inch off of the cardboard all the way around to adust for the hull thickness .I used that template to mark my plywood out .

The transom has a curve to it .Last winter I played around with some scrap pieces of plywood trying to curve them .One way I found was to bow it with tie down straps Wet it out then let it sit for a few days and dry out while still bowed .When I released the straps it would relax back to about 50% of the bow I had put into it .When I put my new wood into the boat today I measured around 3 inchs of bow to it with the ply running straight across and paralel to the fiberglass .I put around 6 inchs of bow in to it and wetted her out .Seeing ive got to build this transom out of 3 1/2 inch pieces I had to do 3 of them .Anything over 1/2 inch didnt want to bow very well .

I tell ya the results of this in a couple of days .Sometimes I feel like Im WAY OVER my head in this project .But I went along way to get this boat , Got much time and money invested in it already so FAILURE is not a option ..L.O.L..Im sure the way Im going about it is incorrect but ill keep thinking it out and learning where I can .On You Tube theres a bunch of videos from this guy .He bought a beatiful Sea Ray that was all redone Well Suppose to be .Awhile after he got it home he found a soft spot on the floor .He found out the guy had basically put a new floor into it but underneith the stringers , Foam and Transom were Toast .He walks ya threw what he did as he is doing it .Very good info he gives and shows .
I had a 50 HP short shaft . I thought of cutting the transom down to use it But now I picked up a 40 HP long ..Do you think that would be enought to get the Job Done ?? When Neil got mine it had a 35 Javlen on it . But I got Merc power baby ...L.O.L..Anybody got a 50 long to trade for a short ?? was a fellow from MN that needed a short but I cant remember who it was .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34373

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry
I would love to help you out in the motor department, but as you know, I am waaay out to the left of ya! I have a 65 horse long shaft that would wake the Del Mar up.
Looks as though you are gaining ground, keep at it guy. The 4th is sneakin' up quick.
I have been building inventory, I am at 20 Mercs now. I just picked up a 1350.(And they are heavy!) :(
Neil and Mary

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34374

• MarkS
Hang in there Larry, you're gonna make it just fine.

On You Tube theres a bunch of videos from this guy .He bought a beatiful Sea Ray that was all redone Well Suppose to be .Awhile after he got it home he found a soft spot on the floor .He found out the guy had basically put a new floor into it but underneith the stringers , Foam and Transom were Toast .He walks ya threw what he did as he is doing it .Very good info he gives and shows .

I subscribe to "FriscoBoater's DIY" channel myself, great to watch someone doing the task as they explain it sometimes. Also very honest about mistakes and what not to do and why.
www.youtube.com/user/FriscoJarretts

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34382

Larry, I am in awe at your restoration. I have marked your post for updates. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34404

Larry,
Good job, your making great progress. Keep it up!

Bob

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34426

She will look great when your done nice boat

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34437

Sure is beautiful! I can commiserate with you on the traveling. I went from Florida to Delaware to drop off a boat and New York and Wisconsin to pick three boats up a few years back, but with fuel prices today, no way!
Attachments:

Blest boater

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34451

never saw that pic gary. i remember when you made that trip. didn't you drop off a boat at corrine's in alabammy. ron

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34501

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Guys for the encouragment .That Frisco Boaters on You Tube thats the guy I was talking about .Its great info because he is right in there getting dirty while talking about it .Check it out very helpfull .Neil I dont think Ill make the 4th ..Im shooting for the Hodags Birthday party at the lake now in August ..Check out Hodag in Rhinelander WI if you dont know what it is . Kind of a neat story that started as a Joke thats never ended ..I cant wait to get past this transom work and start putting some paint on this Baby .Awhile ago I had some really Horrible Hurtfull things happen in my life . As I work on this old boat and see it start to pull together into a new chapter of its life I can see it helping me to realize that the bad things I went threw just opened up a new chapter in my life .Better days are coming for me If I let them .Its amazeing what a Old Worn out boat can do to help heal ones Soul ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34506

• MarkS

Its amazeing what a Old Worn out boat can do to help heal ones Soul ..

Amen to that Larry! Most people (other than our pals on here) just don't understand it, but that's okay. ;) We're here for you, just give us a shout if you need anything, even if it's just somebody to talk to.

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34510

ditto to marks post,bobo if you ever need anything just holler,(i put that in for rons benifit,lol),but seriously if you need something or a shoulder to lean on ,im usually here,or my email is, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,and that goes for anyone on this site,if you need help,or just an ear that listens,look me up.
bobo better things will come,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34515

mtdoragary wrote:

Sure is beautiful! I can commiserate with you on the traveling. I went from Florida to Delaware to drop off a boat and New York and Wisconsin to pick three boats up a few years back, but with fuel prices today, no way!

Yep; the one being towed. She sponsored the trip or I wouldn't have been able to go!

Blest boater

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34518

Your work looks Tops to me. I love the boat. Woodwork is amazing.

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34530

Larry,
I echo Mark and John, we're here for you. I too have had a set back or two recently and my boat/motors have been a great comfort and keeps my mind on other things. If you need/want to talk drop me a line.

Bob

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34544

Yep, my boat is beat only by God and my wife in keeping my mind off my and our country's problems!

Blest boater

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34826

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well my wood dried out so I took my straps off of the pieces ..They looked pretty close to the right curve so I trial fitted them .It looks pretty darn close to me .The clamps arent bowing it just holding them in place ..

Im starting to feel better now ...L.O.L..Replaceing a transom sounds pretty scary to somebody thats never done one before and a curved one at that .Ive done some fiberglass work back in the 90s at the Body Shop I worked at .But this is a Heck of alot bigger undertaken than a hole in a Vet fender ..
And thank all of you for your encouragement and offers for help or a ear if I need one .After my life was turned upside down I wasnt sure of a direction to take in life .I never thought Ild be in that position at 50 . Its like what am I suppose to be doing ?? One night a nearly Life Long friend of mine and I were talking on the phone . I asked him that question .He said what did you always want to do someday that you havnt done ?? I came up with Ski Diving , Traveling and restoring a Old Boat ..He said think about what you just said .Youve done and are doing that in the last few months .You traveled to WY , bought a boat and your restoring it ..Your doing what your suppose to .Now go jump out of that Airplane ..L.O.L..I aint brought myself up to that one yet ..Im scared of heights .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34828

looking good bobo,ill be 50 on july 8th,and i never thought i would even be here to see 50,so im doing what i like ,old boats,im having a good time getting rons boat the way he wants it,it keeps my mind off other things,its good therapy,next im going to finish the motor for the sunray for the hammondsport show,it looks like there is no way to have a boat of mine done by then,but im still having fun,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34834

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
John your a July Baby to ?? Im the 17th .Happy early B Day .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34838

happy birthday to you too bobo,also on july 16 at hammomndsport ,it will be our28th aniversery,31 years together,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34847

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
31 years .. Congrats John ..Thats a miracle these days .One of my goals in Life was to be married for 20 years .Ive got 8 1/2 in with the first and 10 with the second thats 18 1/2 .. I need another ex wife for 1 1/2 years and Ive achieved my goal ..L.O.L..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34871

Larry,
Being a retired Navy flier I have two matra's:
1) Never jump out of a perfectly good ariplane.
2) Never go in anything that was designed to SINK! :woohoo:

John,
Congrats, Kim's and my anniversary is July 10th 29 years, together 32 years. I'll be 51 in August.

Bob

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 months ago #34948

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Waterwings wrote:

Larry,
Being a retired Navy flier I have two matra's:
1) Never jump out of a perfectly good ariplane.
2) Never go in anything that was designed to SINK! :woohoo:

John,
Congrats, Kim's and my anniversary is July 10th 29 years, together 32 years. I'll be 51 in August.

Bob

Bob Thats what my Fauther use to say ..He was 8th Air Force Heavy Bombardment Group. He said he went out the door once but they were on fire .I guess Hitler didnt like thier B-17 dropping 500 pound Pineapples on them .Luckily they were over friendly territory when the motor caught fire .He said that was along ways down hanging by a Bed sheet and a couple of ropes ...L.O.L...Sure do miss him .

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6093 guests and no members online