Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42205

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good stuff Larry, thanks for sharing! Keep the info and updates coming, it's a big help to those of us who don't have your knowledge and experience. There are other articles and pics out there, but when you watch a friend do it that you trust, seems like it makes more of an impression. ;) Just my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42214

Larry,

These types of posts are incredibly helpful for us novices. Thanks for taking the time to share your years of experience. The Delmar is going to be a great boat!

Jon

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42219

Excellent stuff here Larry, keep it up. We're all learning. ;)

Bob

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42710

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I put about 30 hours into the body work and now shes ready to shoot .I took her out to give her a bath .Im gonna spray it wet on wet ..(( Thined primer as a sealer let it flash off and tack up then shoot the paint . ))

I bought the paint but now Im second Guessing myself . I was thinking about going Sour Apple Green on top White bottom with a Green stripe .
The green is close to the green on this truck

But now im not sure If I like that ...L.O.L.. I always do that .. I could also go white then Green stripes with a thin black stripe outlining the green strip .
But then when I stand back and look at the blue on my body work That wouldnt even be a bad color . I sprayed a test panel of the green . In certain lights it goes almost Lime Green and in darker light it kinda creeps up on John Deere Green .. Im thinking with it so bright it might draw to much away from the natural lines of the boat ..Wish I had one of those Programs you could add color to a photo ..Shoot me your ideas guys .. Im open to any idea ..
Larry

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42712

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well Larry, being a paint and body man for years, your first choice will likely be the best. Thats why they call it second GUESSING, right?
I think the Sour Apple and stripe will look bitchin'.
And with a black Merc, that is icing on the cake.
My two cents.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42718

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Neil . True you get use to colors but ya really dont pick them .Usually its what the paint code says .When your young and get into it You think youll be working on Custom cars , Lambos ,, Porches ,Hemi Cuda , But then reality sets in .You get a never ending line of Caravans and Hondas with Deer hits or fender benders .Not much Cool stuff .Coolest thing I had apart in was a 1976 Old Rusty International Scout .A fellow had worked for International and when he retired they gave him a Bicentenial Scout .He and his wife loved it but it got in Horrible Shape and ended up sitting and rusting away at thier cottage .His children brought it to us with out them knowing and wanted it Restored for thier 50th Aniversary .We had to build alot of repair panels because no one makes them .It looked better than international ever made it when we were done .Kids brought them to the shop telling them they had to get a estimate .They saw the scout and came in to see it Not knowing it was thiers .They told a Bunch of Storys about thiers then the Kids told them it was thiers ..Old Folks started Crying ..Gave us all Hugs ...L.O.L.. God I always ramble on dont I ?? Whats that gotta do about a boat ...L.O.L.. Anyway I never like my work till it grows on me .I can always see where i goofed up or should have spent more time .Or picked a different color .. Is everybody in Agreement with my first choice and Neils Second ??

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42721

I love that color green and it's not often you see it on a boat... especially a vintage one!

Go for it! At the minimum, you'll have something VERY unique! ;)

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42723

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
The 56 Chevy Step Side Im restoring and will be towing the Delmar with sometimes is Gonna be Tropical Turquoise . I thought that the 2 colors would look kinda good together .The same only different if that makes any sense ..Was gonna do both the same color but over 35 feet of the same color going down the road would probaully be boreing .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42728

bobo wrote:

The 56 Chevy Step Side Im restoring and will be towing the Delmar with sometimes is Gonna be Tropical Turquoise . I thought that the 2 colors would look kinda good together .The same only different if that makes any sense ..Was gonna do both the same color but over 35 feet of the same color going down the road would probaully be boreing .

An odd color combination that will most certainly turn heads; but I think strangely enough, might look great! :lol:

There certainly will be no mistaking what vehicle\trailer went with what boat while you're launched. :P

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42729

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ill have to behave thow ..(( Honest Officer it was another 56 truck this color towing a boat that color .I never drive over 55 ))

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42738

bobo.. I feel your pain on the slinging mud for a living, In my 9 years in the in-dust-y I have only done 6 customs and restos for customers and ummm....seems like a billion caravans,hondas etc... so far my best rod I built was for my father 1969 ss 396 nova and a 1966 shelby clone for myself. but enough wandering off subjuct, that is one sweet color combo, I was going to get crazy on my delmar but I decided to go stock"ish" on her. as for my '62 ballerina oh its on....... and have to say thanks you inspired me my ballerina needs a transom, so this winter shes getting one!

keep'r up man

damen

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42744

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
cowboy181d wrote:

bobo.. I feel your pain on the slinging mud for a living, In my 9 years in the in-dust-y I have only done 6 customs and restos for customers and ummm....seems like a billion caravans,hondas etc... so far my best rod I built was for my father 1969 ss 396 nova and a 1966 shelby clone for myself. but enough wandering off subjuct, that is one sweet color combo, I was going to get crazy on my delmar but I decided to go stock"ish" on her. as for my '62 ballerina oh its on....... and have to say thanks you inspired me my ballerina needs a transom, so this winter shes getting one!

keep'r up man

damen

I got out of that awhile back . Its become fun again doing my own stuff and stuff of My chouseing for people Some Harleys and fun stuff like that .I did a Huge Boat ancor from like a ship and one chick was remodelling her house and wanted a cool fridge . She had a 50s style rounded one .I painted it a Funky Magenta color .I had the handle and hinges Powder coated gold . Then she comes back with some Old Steam cast iron Heat registers and wanted them magenta to .I saw the house when it was done and they looked cool .... SS Nova and a Shelby clone ..Now those would be fun to do and funner yet to drive ...on the transom just jump in there and say Aint Nothing but a thing ..Dont fear the reaper it aint that bad ..If I can help Just drop me a line ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #42793

Yeah I just recently hung up my hammers to, found more money working as a mechanic at a chrysler dealer. I will defintly get ahold of you if i need help on my transom project!

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43152

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well I started masking her up for paint .First thing I always do is if I have any mouldings that are not coming off I clean the crap out of them now before I mask .Get them looking pretty as possible .Ive seen people screw up some nice paint jobs by trying to get like primer over spray off moudlings after painting .Do it now .

On my side windows I put wide strips of masking tape on the inside with the adhesive pointing out .

Ill lay a piece of masking paper accross the top then trim around to fit the window opening .

Then ill run a strip of masking tape Along the outside edge of the paper . This stifens the paper a bit so it wont move much while your spraying and keeps the adhesive part of the tape from touching sprayed areas .If you cant reach the back side of the paper have somebody get in there and both of you press everything together so it sticks well .Of course before you taped you should have blown the area free of dust .Speaking of dust .One thing people do is set thier masking tape down in dusty ares .Keep it in your pockets or a area you wiped clean .Dust can get stuck to the outside edges of the tape and when you start spraying it will come louse and get in your paint .

On the windshield Ill run a line of masking tape around the moulding .Take your time and make sure its just moulding your tapeing .They make some 1/4 inch or so wide plastic tape that works great for getting in close and bending around corners . Gives a nice clean line Also works excellent when laying out stripes .I was out of it and my jobbers were closed so I winged it .After I tape the moulding I cut a piece of paper to fit and tape her down .If you get folds or creases run a strip of tape over then otherwise youll have a pockets where dust will hide . Oh I forgot to mention before you tape the mouldings Check close and make sure everything is sanded or scuffed right up to them and no shinny spots .Ive seen people miss that and your paint will chip or break louse there .

One other thing if your doing just a repair area or gonna prime a spot repair some people will mask it off like this

If you do it this way youll get a ridge of primer or paint youll have to feather edge out .Instead take your masking paper and some wide tape .Lay your paper over the area to be sprayed and then tape it 10 or so inchs past where youll want the primer to stop .

Then role the paper back over the top of the tape leaving a area open under the paper enought for some paint to get into .Do this on all sides of your area to be primed or blended .

Wella no hard edge of primer to be sanded out .Dont forget to final wipe and tack cloth under that paper . Again Im not trying to be The God of Paint and Body .Just shareing a few tips and tricks ive learn over the years . I hope to seal and paint tommrow depending on heat and Humidity ..Ive decided to scratch the Green idea .I wanted to be different but as far as I know this could be the only Delmar in Wisconsin so that makes me different already ...L.O.L..I know of one in IL .Ill keep the new plan a secret for now ..

I reread this and one other note .If your gonna Clear coat DONT use the type of paper Im useing here .Some clears can soak threw normal masking paper and you could end up with your paper stuck in areas . They make a Automotive type of paper that has what looks like a wax side to it .Clear wont soak threw it .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43154

• MarkS
Good stuff Larry, really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to share with us. It's attention to details like this that make a big difference in how the job turns out. I can't wait to see the unveiling of the Delmar when she's done, but I sure am enjoying watching the process of getting her there!

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43156

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
MarkS wrote:

Good stuff Larry, really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to share with us. It's attention to details like this that make a big difference in how the job turns out. I can't wait to see the unveiling of the Delmar when she's done, but I sure am enjoying watching the process of getting her there!

Thanks Mark ..were all here to help each other . Feel like I got a Big Family here . Just hope it turns out good ..I dont spray a 50th of what I use to .And like a Quarterback in foot ball for every TD you throw your gonna have a INT sometimes ...L.O.L..One of the Problems Im gonna have is this puppy sits up pretty high .I took the wheels off of the trailer and dropped it some but its still gonna be a good reach to spray the roof .Ill have to stand on something . Then inside Ill have to spray the back lip of the roof and strips on the rear side panels so Im gonna have to get up inside .With all that moving around and reaching theres a good chance ill get crap in it . One time I was spraying the roof of a Caravan .We put wide planks on short barrels to walk on so we could reach the top .I was just putting my last coat of clear on and the hose got hung up on the bottom of a barrel .I gave it a little tug and lost my balance Threw my hand down to catch myself and dropped my gun .Of course my hand was in the clear on the roof and the Gun opened up and spilled clear all over the floor ..Dupont clear to .Not Cheap stuff ..Boss Man gets real happy when that happens ...L.O.L.. Hopefully the Karma Gods of Paint will shine on me and give me something ill atleast be able to cut and buff so it looks 1/2 way decent ..Sure do Miss haveing a spray Booth ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43360

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I was gonna spray the Delmar on Sunday but I woke up to a high temp of 56 degrees and high humidity .So hoped for a good Monday .Today was 72 and low 50% humidity ..Thats not a bad enamel day ..High Humidity will dull out a enamel job .I got started at 9 am and didnt finish till 6 pm .That counts final wipeing , tacking , blending paint and spraying .I Really wasnt sure what color Ild run with to be honest . I had a ball park idea ..I mixed this color up and shot some of it and liked her .Its white Rustoleum Blended with thier light blue and sour apple green .I used 3 oz of Valspar hardner per quart and 4 oz of zylene per quart .I used 7 quarts of white , almost 1 quart of blue and 1/2 quart green .Was suprised it to that much to cover her but I went with 4 coats .I gave each coat a 1/2 hour flash time between coats .The last coat I wanted good and wet . Thats where you can build your shine .I added another 1 1/2 oz of zylene per quart and layed her on a little on the heavy side till the shine built up nice .With more thinner it takes longer to flash off so you can get around something this big before the other side starts to flash off .If it doesnt stay wet and the overspray from your gun spraying the other side hands on your just sprayed area it will dull it or get orange peal .I did manage to get a couple of small sags .Ild rather wet sand out a sag later than have dull paint .And of course a bug had to commit suicide just infront of the winshield on the last coat ..L.O.L...Knew I was getting to lucky .I think with a good wet sanding and buffing she should look pretty respectable .Last coat was sprayed at 6pm . Its 10 pm now and my test panel is dry to touch .Believe it or not we got a frost warning in Northern WI tonight .Im in a low area by the river .Think im gonna fire up the wood furnace and get her up to a 100 or so in there and let her cook a couple of hours before bed time .. With all of the paint , thinners , Pre Wash and tack rags I sprayed this old girl for just under a $100 .
Larry

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43374

Looks good Bobo!!
Nothing like shooting paint in your shop! I bet the rafters in my shop got a ton of sparkle to them....
thats damn good shine on your delmar. and you defeintly hit the mark on easier to razor a run over buff a dull spot.
funny thing you mention your caravan incident... I tripped on my hose one time while clearing a neon roof and blew the hugest run i have ever seen across the roof :dry: Oh well tis the life of the painter lol.
enjoy your buff time!

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 1 month ago #43377

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Cowboy Metalic Sparkle Rafters ..Get some strobe lights and a Bar and you could open a club up in there when your not painting ..Next project is (( When my epoxy gets here )) Is to get the floor in and then a motor on it .I traveled 2000 miles to get this boat . Got I dont know probaully 200 to 300 hours labor into it so far and the closest its been to water is when I washed it ..Sure would be nice to drive her before it snows even if I got stuff to finish on it yet . Maybe a fall run up the river when the leafs change .. With a frost warning out tonight .. Well thats not a good sign ...L.O.L..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43392

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Great thread and love the paint info. For some reason those bug just love a clean surface to land on. Had a spider make tracks on my Herters the other day. Yesterday I shot my final coat of white on the bottom and two dragon flys decided to "stick" around for the final act. Looking forward to see the paper off and the trim on.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43399

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
One question, how do you touch up the spots left where the trailer is??

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43415

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
63 Sabre wrote:

One question, how do you touch up the spots left where the trailer is??

Well on this boat I got lucky . I pushed it back on the trailer and the only part thats touching is a roller 3/4 of the way back but it just touchs next to nothing and way in back is a wide roller .I was able to spray back about as far as the eye can see with the gun . Now ill crawl underneith and foam roller the rest on then slide her forward and hit the little roller strip .It would have been pretty hard to flip this puppy ..Your Herters is coming along nice . Ive been watching as you go .
Larry

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43432

Larry,
She's looking GREAT!! Can't wait to see her done.

Bob

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43545

bobo wrote:

Hey Cowboy Metalic Sparkle Rafters ..Get some strobe lights and a Bar and you could open a club up in there when your not painting ..Next project is (( When my epoxy gets here )) Is to get the floor in and then a motor on it .I traveled 2000 miles to get this boat . Got I dont know probaully 200 to 300 hours labor into it so far and the closest its been to water is when I washed it ..Sure would be nice to drive her before it snows even if I got stuff to finish on it yet . Maybe a fall run up the river when the leafs change .. With a frost warning out tonight .. Well thats not a good sign ...L.O.L..

I have a little of a Metal flake problem.... tried a 12 step program but only ended up mixing flakes with tricoat pearls....lol
Dont feel bad i carpeted my delmar and rewired it and still havent floated it, and its ready to go (for now) since the demar needs paint still going back to the stock green. But as for my bell boy its getting tons of FLAKES!! i'd say the colors but its a surprise.And off the wall color choices too!

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43546

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry
That is way cool.
This has been one heck of a thread for alot of people. This only adds to the history of the boat. It started out life in California taking a little girl shark fishing. Look where it is now in Wis. getting "overhauled".
I have been watching and when this thread is complete along with the boat I will go back to the original owner that I bought this DelMar from and share it with them.
This has truly been an adventure all the way along.
This little cuddy has made quite an impact on alot of folks, and it isn't done yet.
Thanks a million.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43669

larry great thread!and a beautiful paint job,you have helped alot of us here,thank you my friend,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43671

Wonderful job. Tony likes it too.
Attachments:

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43706

Bobo; The Glasspar Boat Company had a color on its color charts called seafoam Green that is very close to the final color you wound up using. Period correct color and it even matches very closely a color used by the orignal maker of the boat. Nice job.. Congratulations on some nice work. I have a Glasspar Seafair Phaeton with the same color that has its original Gelcoat in good original condition that looks just like the color of your Delmar. Brian

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43708

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Boy, do I love following these threads, always learning something new and the step by step you go through. Makes it easier for me to plan my rebuild. Keep up the fantastic job.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44469

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I put her out in the Sun to cook for a few days .Was Hi 70s low 80s here not bad for September day in WI .Today was in the low 50s ...L.O.L..Been sick with Broncitous but feeling better now .Dang season changes always get me . While cooking in the front yard a few neighbors and friends came over to check it out . ...This is that Old piece of Crap you went to Wyoming to pick up ?? One of my Crabby Neighbors Asked ..Felt good to say Ya .. She still has aways to go but she is coming .

Check That Merc Power Neil ...Love that Chrome Trim on these motors ..

Anybody know where to get a close to original Rub Rail for one of these ?? My Epoxy came today . Gonna try to finish the floor and other glass work this week end .Man its down in the 20s here tonight . Seems horrible but my water will be getting hard in a month or 2 ..Gotta put her in the water at least once ..

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44470

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

Larry
That is way cool.
This has been one heck of a thread for alot of people. This only adds to the history of the boat. It started out life in California taking a little girl shark fishing. Look where it is now in Wis. getting "overhauled".
I have been watching and when this thread is complete along with the boat I will go back to the original owner that I bought this DelMar from and share it with them.
This has truly been an adventure all the way along.
This little cuddy has made quite an impact on alot of folks, and it isn't done yet.
Thanks a million.
Neil

No Thank you Neil and Everybody on this site . I saw the Comanders Delmar on a site that lead me to this site .I mentioned in a post that I was looking for a Delmar and you responded ..At that point in my life due a Wife and a Friends Actions I felt pretty much like that Old Delmar looked .Used , Abused and not to bright of a future .My Faith in Humanity was pretty low and for the first time in my life I wasnt sure of what dirrection I should take and felt void of all purpose .When I was traveling to meet you to get the Delmar I remember sleeping in the Mercedes stairing up at the stars in a perfectly clear South Dakota Night .And thinking What the Hell am I doing ...L.O.L..Traveling 2000 miles by myself to get a Old boat with a Mercedes Benz running on Veggy Oil that has 340,000 miles on it and not even a 100 % sure it will be able to tow it ..Sure didnt make much sense that night ..But now looking back it makes Perfect Sense ..When I found out your Deal fell threw but you were still a Man of your word and brought the boat to me that meant alot .And the more Im on this site I see good , honest , helpfull people are still around that has meant much .And as this Delmar transforms to something of Value again I feel myself doing the same .With out this Old Delmar and the friendship here Im not so sure that would have happened for me or at least not as fast .And for helping me on this Journey I thank you all ..... I think in the game of life we have to put a 100% on the playing field and even if we still get beat we will still be Victorious ....A wise man named Vince said something simuler to that .

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44473

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I never doubted for a second Larry.
This little Glasspar Del Mar has been and will continue to touch peoples lives.
A million eyes have watched and very few have blinked.
I can't wait to visit the relatives in the Stevens Point area and come north to see you and this gem.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44474

• MarkS
The Delmar looks fantastic Larry! And just for the record, I think you and Neil are both fine "pillars of this community", family members if you will, excellent role models for us all. I'm proud to count both of you among my (all too few) friends in life. ;)

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44477

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you very much Mark.
But I am a mere tadpole in the pond.
Far more have contributed far more.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44479

i agree with mark,and also incude mark,and the others here are great role models for the rest of us to follow,this site has brought many of us together as great friends,in the end (and i hope there isnt one)we all win,great job on the delmar my friend,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44520

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Mark but Im no pillar ..you yourself have 4 times the posts I have .Ild say almost everybody on this site is a pillar in thier own way .In my year here Ive seen so many people go out of thier way to help others , So many .Our love for Old boats draws us together from all walks of life .Our Mission to keep some of these Old boats alive for future Generations .To remind them of a simpler time when Honor and your Word meant something . We all share this ...We all contribute with the skills we have .....E pluribus unum .... Out of many , One ...

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44553

• MarkS

you yourself have 4 times the posts I have

That just proves I talk too much! :laugh:

Mark

Re:Operation Delmar Stage 2 Begins .. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44561

Well a little late to this but I must say I agree with you all, this is an awesome sight that pulls classic boat lovers, from all walks of life, together to enjoy them, restore them and help each other out as much as possible. The best part is the family is growing and we're encouraging younger folks to join us and keep the tradition going. I have to thank you all for helping me keep my sanity after what happened after Christmas. Just having the Fiberglassics family to talk to, read about and help where I could/can has helped me so much and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart I only wish there was a good central location to get everyone together at one time to meet, comiserate and enjoy kindred sprits. A Woodstock for classic boat lovers! :laugh:

Larry, the Del Mar is coming along GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! She's going to be the best looking boat on the lake buddy!

Bob

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5992 guests and no members online