Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for?

How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95917

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
...a friend of mine says 12K. What's your guess?

This glassic boat is gorgeous and that motor too is very pretty.

Eduardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95924

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
if you have to ask, then you can not afford it. lol. they are spendy boats. greg

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95949

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'd say $11,587 with 30 bids. :)

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95962

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
=(, I want mine back!!!!!!!! sold it for 800 bucks 10 or so years ago.... :S :S :S :S :S

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95972

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
You're close Jim. $11,100.00 with less then 20 minutes left.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95978

That sold from about 10 minutes from where I grew up

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95981

frog,

I'm surely GLAD that I don't want one, even IF I was $$$$$$$$$. = truly UGLY, imVho.

IF I had bucks, there would be a NICE Chris-Craft woodie in my life. - I know a fellow in SC who has a concours COBRA.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95985

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
lol Satx, I thought the very same thing about mine when I went out to get it, almost passed on it.... but beings it was my very first boat, it grew on me, IMO, not a bad looking boat considering it was originally designed in the late thirties.

Annnnnd that Cobra may very well send you to the poorhouse with it's price tag.. I'd rather have a racing runabout or the sweet sixteen hydro that chris craft and gar wood made for a while.. ;)

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95991

CPT Shake,

I once had something that "grew on me".- It was a tropical fungus that I acquired in the jungle & I liked it as least as well as a Falls Flyer.
(LOL.)

Otoh, I most heartily agree on the Garwood.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #95998

• MarkS
I didn't want to show my ignorance (or confirm the fact that I'm a "cheapskate") Eduardo, but I think your friend's guess at $12,000 was probably pretty close to what the Reserve was set at. I see that the bidding has ended, which means it didn't sell right?

It looks to be a beautiful boat, probably wouldn't have any trouble getting the 12 grand out of her if the economy was in better condition?

Mark

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #96018

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
MarkS wrote:

I didn't want to show my ignorance (or confirm the fact that I'm a "cheapskate") Eduardo, but I think your friend's guess at $12,000 was probably pretty close to what the Reserve was set at. I see that the bidding has ended, which means it didn't sell right?

It looks to be a beautiful boat, probably wouldn't have any trouble getting the 12 grand out of her if the economy was in better condition?

Mark, my thoughts exactly. Auction ended with the high bid of $11,100.00 and yes it did not hit reserve. For the kind of boat that this is, $12k is still a high dollar for most of us. In restored condition, these would go for much more than that. You wander though what the winning bids were on similar condition Falls Flyers during the Mikkelson Collection auction not long ago.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 3 months ago #96024

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
A departed older friend that was in the vintage car business,once told me that an old car( or in this case),old boat was worth no more than what someone was willing to pay for it WHEN you were wanting to sell it. People will say this amount or that amount, but his words of wisdom still ring true to me. jim

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 1 month ago #99743

satx78247: I've had two Chris-Crafts, 1950 34' Commander and a 1954 36' Cruiser. TOO MUCH WORK even as liveaboard! I'm happy with my Flyer built in my hometown.

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 10 years 1 month ago #99746

Falls Man,

I feel the same way about the LONE STAR METEORS, as I do about the Falls Flyers. = I regard them as UGLY & if I had one I wouldn't spend ten cents on either for my own uses.
(My particular "addiction" in glass boats are the TEXAS-builts that were built in quite small numbers by "small & independent boat-builders" like PLEASANT BOATWORKS, HURRICAINE of HOUSTON, TORRES, THREE RIVERS, TARTAN, PACESETTER, TOP TENNER & WILLS POINT, in the 1940-1970 period. = I've been trying to buy TEXAS FAST ONE, that is the ONLY "factory prototype" ever completed in my home county, for several years with ZERO luck.)

Btw, I used to own/live aboard an old Corinthian & Liked it very much though you are correct: Wood Chris Crafts are a PITA to keep looking nice.
(Fwiw, I was "negotiating for" one of the two CC utilities that were used in filming ON GOLDEN POND until it caught fire & burned to the waterline. = I was "physically sick" for weeks afterward.)

just my OPINION, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 9 years 10 months ago #102552

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
A friend of mine mentioned this auction which ended about a month ago. It's all about timing it seems. Why this went for just over $11K and didn't meet reserve and the second, which met reserve, for almost $20K. I know condition is everything but that's a big difference.

Eduardo

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 9 years 10 months ago #102554

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I think if you look close you can see the different in quality restoration, and also when this was selling I was told who the restore was and it was done right and at 20k he was loosing money,look at the trailer on the 11k one you can see the rust by winch stand,then the interior is correct in the other one but yet If you were to buy one for 3-5k and restore it you would be in it deep this looked like a good driver type boat and both I feel were worth the money it goes back to the buyers eyes and what they want,, just my opinion Bill

Re:How much will this '55 Falls Flyer go for? 9 years 10 months ago #102578

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
bilnan1 wrote:

I think if you look close you can see the different in quality restoration, and also when this was selling I was told who the restore was and it was done right and at 20k he was loosing money,look at the trailer on the 11k one you can see the rust by winch stand,then the interior is correct in the other one but yet If you were to buy one for 3-5k and restore it you would be in it deep this looked like a good driver type boat and both I feel were worth the money it goes back to the buyers eyes and what they want,, just my opinion Bill

Hey Bill, I see what you are saying now. By comparing the two closely, it's the little details that make the difference. I had the two auctions open and showed them to my wife Mercedes. The 20K Falls Flyer restoration is much cleaner in comparison. Thanks Bill for your opinion as always.

Eduardo

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online