Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson

1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94955

This one of my Dad's boats that he picked up as a project years and years ago that he never got to. The floor was rotted, and if I remember right this motor had a problem with forward in the lower unit. He wants it gone, and I told him I would post some pictures of it here to see if there is any interest or value left. There is no title, and I'm not sure of the year. I couldn't read the model # but looks like my camera got the serial number of the Johnson. Trailer goes with the boat. Thoughts?

Nate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Starcraft with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94956

Did a little digging on this great site. :) Looks to me like it is a 1960 Starcraft Rocket

Re:1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94958

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
nate, the bad news is the hull needs a lot of work. I guess my thoughts on it is the hardware and windshield are the money to be made there. the motor with shifting problems is just a parts motor, and there are a lot of them around, so it should not be to hard to sell it. but again not much cash. the trailer is the most value, if the tires , lites, and bearings are good. sorry if I rained on your parade. then again that is just my 2 cents worth. best of luck in getting it sold. frog

Re:1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94965

firepinto,

UNLESS you find someone that "falls in love with it", you'll be LUCKY if you can sell it at all.

I know of at least a DOZEN 14' FG runabouts around The Alamo City, right now, for FREE. - Boats over 16 foot sell decently as USING boats for fishing the bays & Gulf of Mexico.

I looked at a 16'ft FG mid-60s StarCraft, with 1963 forty-horse Johnny & on a good trailer about 3PM today, that was running last November for 175.oo OBO.
(The only owner died last Christmas week & his widow just wants it: GONE.)

SORRY to "burst your bubble", but what I said is the PLAIN TRUTH, at least in south TX.
(The county landfill here charges 100.oo to dispose of FG boats up to 16 foot & they have buried any number lately.)

I recently bought a 1956 runabout on a trailer AND it went for about the price of 300# of scrap aluminum. - RARE little boat AND it will be an EASY restoration as it's what is called a "runabout utility", too!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94967

Hate to say this however there are too many to save....some got to die as to have parts for others.
Pull the speedo ..from $20 to $80 on ebay
Bow light can bring from $20 to $125 on the bay
The windshield will not bring much on the bay ..cost too much to ship try CL
Steering wheel with all the hardware can bring up to $150
Miss hardware form $5 to $30.

Now this is all cleaned up ...a bit a cleaning goes a long way

Trailer local sale from $75 to $250....our dumps around here charge $75 for a hull

Sell the motor as is for $75 or part it out and get more. it has elect start ($40) but could not see a charging s $y$tem $$$$

If the power cord is still good they can bring up $125 (more with box) and the plug in the motor if it is still good and insulation not cracking maybe $75

Now this is what is strange.

Logos like the Starcraft. If you have both. I listed some Redfish logo in the bay starting at $35...no bids...kept them there for about 4 weeks and no bids. Took them down and a few weeks later I listed them at $20 starting bid. They sold for $93

CAVU

Re:1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #94968

Thanks everyone for their comments. No worries I didn't have any bubble to bust. :laugh: I figured I'd give it one last chance to a new home before it "goes away".

Unfortunatly the "starcraft" logo is half missing on the other side. I'll probably just pull all the pieces off and box them up.

He has a 1972 Mercer w/Chrysler he wants to get running now, so the starcraft is done. :)

Re:1960 Starcraft Rocket with 40 hp Johnson 10 years 4 months ago #95034

Now I know what I bought for $50 last summer. Came with a stuck Merc 300 and a decent trailer. Sold the Merc for $80. None of my AOMC buds are interested. Guess I'll take the usable hardware and break it up...
Larry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online