Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Lake n Sea

1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #94851

• Shake
  • Shake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
not to far from my hometown, I'm kind of tempted to nab this one.......................

madison.craigslist.org/boa/4485197485.html
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re: 1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #94884

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
talked to the owner, tentatively planning on going and getting her next weekend. =) woo hoo!!

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95307

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
talked to the seller this morning on her, we are putting off my picking her up till next weekend, as he was still out of town, as well as will allow me to spend some time back home/ grab the camper out of storage down there n go camping for the weekend, so maybe I will be able to pick up the larson this weekend instead...

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95316

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
joe, we need all the pic's you can take. the lake and seas are cool boats. greg

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95320

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
=) you can count on them pics. really hoping I can nab that thunderhawk tomorrow, spent the entire day moving about 8 cubic yards of 30 year old manure by pitchfork, shovel and my old truck, so i can fit the two boats coming home in the days to come as well as my tractor in the middle section of the shop too..

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95703

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Went today n picked up the Lake N Sea, she didn't fair the ride home to well, the lower hull split open on me most likely happened on those CRAPPY iowa gravels :angry: :angry: not to mention I nearly walked away with an empty trailer after driving 200+ miles one way for the boat, as the transom was FAAR more worse than I could see in the pictures, lesson learned, ask a lot more questions. But I figure I may be able to recoup most or all of my money in parts if I decide to scrap her... all in all crappy day not to mention the rental house has a leak in the 2 year old roof....

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95704

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
joe, I have pulled home worse. but it is the hunt. I think I would have got it also. greg

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 4 months ago #95705

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Greg, it is a neat looking boat, even looking like she does, it got some looks on the way home. Guess I will file her in the down the road projects file, and get back on the belmont. speaking of the belmont, I can't believe California Chrome lost today, (listened to the race on the radio today) So much for another triple crown winner this year.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95706

Way to go Joe! at least you made it home :)

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95707

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Byron, was a long drive/day. The pics on the side of the road are at Ice harbor, across the harbor from the Mississippi river museum in Dubuque, IA. The boat has potential, Could just completely mod it (as the glass is pretty bad in the hull) and make a single cockpit speedster out of her, or go original, but there's a lot of work to be done to her as well as the rear seat pans are long gone......

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95708

Joe go over to glassic chat I would like to talk to you in real time

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95709

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ok on my way now to chat.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95710

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
hmm chat loads, but doesn't show any messages from me or others not sure what the problem is with it..

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95711

Dang its working for me just fine

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95712

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I'll check the support forum for what could be going wrong for me on there..

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95721

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Shake wrote:

Thank you Byron, was a long drive/day. The pics on the side of the road are at Ice harbor, across the harbor from the Mississippi river museum in Dubuque, IA.......

I thought that area looked familiar! (Born and raised just north of Cedar Rapids, IA.) Had a "homesick" moment there Joe, we used to love going over to "the river". :P

Don't feel too bad about the Lake N Sea, that happens sometimes. There's a thread back in the archives here where I bought a Custom Craft that "I just had to have", but decided it was too far gone for my skill level once I got it home and inspected it properly. Kept the trailer and sold the hull, "make lemonade when you have lemons" if you will.

Mark

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95732

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Mark, I was born n raised in Cedar Rapids so I'm from that area too. I know all to often the homesick feeling. always nice to run into a Iowa Cedar vallian. I'm guessing you weren't too far from the wapsi river, That's an awesome little river, once took my 57 shell lake rocket up river from Animosa past stone city to matsels bridge while the river was up a little. That sure was a fun run.
The best river floats are from paris bridge to pinicoln ridge, going to be camping on the river in central city next weekend...
It's funny how we always think we would never miss that d@mn place till we leave... wasn't all that bad after all..

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95746

Shake, et. al.,

Lake N Sea boats were often called "LEAK & SINK", when I was stationed at Ft McCoy, as they had some "quality control problems" in the early days. = SOME hulls were "just fine" & some were anything BUT "fine". - Sounds like you got one of the latter sort. PITY.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95756

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yep sure looks that way, this one is horrible hullwise.
Ft mccoy is about 45 mins north of me, we are putting in four loading ramps up there at liberty, justice and 2 other locations up there.. small world..

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95823

• MarkS
I remember when they first built the park at Pinicoln Ridge, we were some of the first kids to get to go up in the tower! (Big deal back then.) Pulling Bullheads and Catfish out of the "Wapsie" was a way of life back then, we were from Coggon, just 5 mi north of Central City on Hwy 13. You just kicked in some more great memories from a time gone by, THANKS AGAIN! :laugh:

Mark

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95863

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yessir, that Wapsi river made that part of Iowa worth livin in. The falls flyer I had I got out of troy mills, right along the river at the cabins near the pumpkin patch down river from town. =)

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95963

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
got busted playing in the boat today after work....
Attachments:

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95982

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
joe, don't feel embarrassed , I have been seen doing the same thing, but with a beer in one hand. lol greg

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95984

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Haha, but the beer makes it valid behavior lol.

I might be really starting to like this little boat, heck maybe like it enough to attempt to save it sometime in the future...

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #95999

• MarkS
Shake wrote:

got busted playing in the boat today after work....

You "ain't right" Joe! Ha ha (Many of us can relate, though.) My youngest brother had a cabin on the river just south of the bridge in Troy Mills, probably the same "neighborhood". He ended up selling it after having to rebuild/refurbish it about three times when all the flooding happened several years back. (Was that '08?)

Anyway, looks like you have "bonded" with the Lake N Sea, guess she's staying !?!? :laugh:

Mark

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 3 months ago #96039

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yessir, I do believe it was 08, and I'm willing to bet it's the exact same set of cabins back there as where I got the falls flyer, I got her from a gent by the name of Dick Holtz. My Great grand parents used to own the blue farm house up there by the road, next to the road back to the cabins. Good times back then...

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 2 months ago #97791

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
hmm, these 2 would look nice together, i think lol.

madison.craigslist.org/cto/4543518689.html
Attachments:

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 2 months ago #97792

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
cappy joe, looks like you have found your new toy puller, :lol: greg

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 2 months ago #97793

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol, i gotta cool off on my spending for this year. maybe i could sell the camper n then get the packard Caribbean to pull the lake n sea caribbean.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 month ago #98948

Hi mates,
Sorry to bring up this old thread but when reading I felt a need to post here for I too grew up in eastern Iowa. I now live in the north woods of Wisconsin. I was born in Savanna, Ill. Moved to Maquoketa, Ia. at age 5 and then Delmar 2 years latter and graduated H,S. in 1971 from Delwood high. So in my teens I was a little over 30 miles from the Mississippi if I went north, south, or east. My brothers, sisters and I spent many a day and night on the Wapsi, the north and south fork of the Maquoketa river, Green Island bottoms, and of coarse the mighty Miss. Our boat was grandpa's 1955 Shell Lake G45 with a 57 Johnson 18hp electric start, that he bought new and is now mine. We all learned to ski behind that little boat. You guys have brought back so many good memories for me, I thank You.

Regards, Gene

PS-morel mushroom hunting and small mouth bass fishing from Jointerville landing above the Maquoketa dam was the greatest!!!

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 month ago #99097

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
neat Gene, was great just reading your post, I picked this boat up in maquoketa area on the river south of town. I moved to Mauston WI in Juneau county.. keep in touch with us please.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 month ago #99102

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
hey joe, long time no hear, glad your still here. oh ya boats. did you buy any more.lol greg

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 month ago #99150

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol, haven't picked anymore boats up, yet. been really busy with work... how have you been greg?

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 2 weeks ago #100513

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Pinky and Blue, Also the seat pans I picked up with Pinky. I'm thinking of making a mold from the seat pans and try my hand at selling them.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 2 weeks ago #100517

gene gene,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 week ago #100667

Hello, I found your long lost twin sister! This is my '59 #941. All original including interior cushions. If you need patterns or pictures let me know.

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 week ago #100668

must have been triplets!!! I would love to see some pics of the seat pads...thanks john
Attachments:

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 week ago #100678

Attachments:

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 week ago #100679

Attachments:

Re:1959 Lake n Sea 10 years 1 week ago #100684

mark7245,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle