Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City

!958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #92981

1958 or 59 Herters Flying Fish in Oklahoma City $7900.00. Posted right here in Glassifieds. Actually I spotted this boat in one of my bosses storage sheds. He has about 10 boats. He said sell this thing on eBay for me. I said what year is it? He said I don't know. I said you restore a boat and you don't know what year it is. He said yes, but don't it look cool.So any help with info. on this will be appreciated. It's a '58 or later. We still have the trailer (TEE NEE)unrestored, it came on (not in photo) and its a funky looking thing. Also need to know where to find I.D. on it. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #92997

jcollins,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #92999

Hey thanks for the welcome. Any idea who could help me identify the actual year of this boat and location of the I.D. or ser. number? Thanks again Jcollins.

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93000

jcollins,

NOPE. NOT a clue. = I know ZILCH about Herter's hulls.
(In fact I've never even SEEN one in person.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93003

if that nav light is original to the boat it's probably a 59 as I'm fairly sure they weren't around in 58....john

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93004

Well I have seen one. A week ago I would have said a, "a what?"
I restore cars for a collector here in Oklahoma City. Last week he pulls this boat out and told me to sell it. When I sell something I really like to know as much about it as possiblle. I dont want to mis lead a potential buyer or stumble around when asked a question. I can' t believe he's selling something. He has about 10 boats, 25 cars, and 15 motorcycles. After this one he has some highly sought after wooden boat (its a nicer than this boat) he wants to sell. I' m not sure if his wife is cracking the whip or if he's making room for more stuff. I wont bore you anymore with the details. Thanks

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93007

That I am not sure. I did notice the tie downs Match the light. ( I am not a boating person so please excuse my ignorance on some of the terminology) I read some history on Mr. Herter himself and was quite impressed with his history and contribution to the development of fiberglass.
Attachments:

Re:!958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93008

Here is the trailer it came on. Last year we were scraping some junk cars we had out here and this trailer was spared the scrap yard because I wanted to keep the fenders. My research shows this to be a TEE NEE. I'm glad we kept it. I'm considering restoring it and putting its partner the last 50 years back on it. Hate to separate an old couple like that.
Attachments:

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93010

as far as talking price goes...you might want to do a little research on that atwood nav light and cleats....they are the "holy grail" of antique boating hardware...usually go for big bucks on ebay...john

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93012

The engine is a 35h.p. Johnson Javelin. It was on the boat when my boss bought it. He had it completely gone through when they did the restoration. We don't know if it is the original engine. I must admit it sure looks good. After the restoration it was started one time, taken to a couple boat shows then parked in a building on one of their properties. I have worked for him for about 4 years and didn't even know he had it. It was never put in the water after the restoration, that was about 6 years ago.

Re: !958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93013

sorry, lost the net while uploading this.
Attachments:

Re:!958 or 59 Herters Flying fish in Oklahoma City 10 years 5 months ago #93177

The trailer that this boat sat on is not a Tee Nee. It is an Electric Wheel Company trailer. A gentleman on this forum( I haven't asked permission to share his name) who has restored several Herters boats has been very kind and helpful in learning some history and facts about Herters, trailers, and vintage hardware. I messed up somehow on uploading. Anyway Thanks
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online