Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate

1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91212

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i have this on ebay and have no watchers,am i asking too much? i hate putting this here but im getting desperate.
john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: 1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91216

don't get worried yet....still plenty of time...if you have to relist it try in outboard motors and components it's in great shape and as much as we would like to just give things away...sometimes we need some back to help cover what we have been spending on this stuff...I see nothing wrong with your price... john

Re:1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91220

John,
I’ve been to a lot of auctions, and been on Ebay. Both walk a fine line.
You may have a seller timing issue (are folks fixing boats or accessorizing now ? It’s still cold out there in the shed yet ?)
Maybe folks aren’t looking yet ?
Then there is the price freeze (sticker shock), where the auctioneer calls a higher price, hoping someone hits it to move the auction along ?
I‘ve seen an auctioneer call 100 bucks, then have to back it down to five bucks, and ends up selling it for 300 bucks.
Then there is Ebay ????
Is the search criteria broad enough ? Most times I look at “vintage boat parts” there are like 7000 items right now…
On the other hand, if you make it too specific, nobody will see it ?
And then the actual auction doesn’t start till 5 minutes before the end.

I don’t think your price is un-reasonable ? And you still have 6 days left.
In my opinion ? I think it is a timing issue now ? because this winter has really sucked, and it’s still not over. (I’m still in a coat, and I’m in Cincinnati)
So in my eyes, anybody North of me are still huddled up to the fire place, and aren’t even thinking of boats yet ?????
You are selling frosting on the cake, and most folks are still mixing the cake batter or baking the cake.

I know Nautilus won't shopping for it, because it's an outboard part ? Then again ?? He could use it for an ash tray Ha-Ha-Ha !

Re:1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91225

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys i will give it more time,maybe your right im to specific ,and maybe its in the wrong place,the views i have are mostly me,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91327

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok guys i reworked the ad ,i added to the description and took more pics,what do you think?will this help?
thanks for all the advise guys.
john

---Mark Twain

Re:1959 golden jubilee start/choke dash plate 10 years 6 months ago #91332

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
John,I also have a couple pieces on there I'm selling for a buddy. No bids yet.I think Chuck is right.People are still in hibernation mode. Could be your starting bid. You and I know it should bring it ,but if the right person don't see it it won't. You might try a lower starter and do a reserve to cover your arse. jim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online