Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1950 Feathercraft

1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91066

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91067

CAT*FIN*k,

That's FUNNY, imVho.
(It seems to me that the owner wants someone to pay him/her 600.oo to remove "an eyesore".)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91068

Ugh ^^^

Even if it's not a 'real' ad, it still sad to see, whether it's a Feathercraft or not.

Whats w/ the rear 'fins' sticking up out of the water near the transom?

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91069

I did a double take on the "fins" also....at 300% they look like maybe 2x8's, maybe part of an old dock she was pulled up on?? would be cool if they were fins...to bad she's totally gone (looks like her back is broke on the starboard side...john

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91070

redfishpirates,

Presuming that it's "a real ad" (I hadn't thought that it might be a "joke".), that "feathercraft" looks as if it is worth exactly what it will weigh in scrap aluminum.
(and less than it will likely cost to remove it!!)

Fwiw, one of my buddies here in SA was recently "offered" a 17 foot Texas Maid ski-boat that had "come off a trailer at speed" on I-35.
(The owner said that he MIGHT take "as little as 500.oo cash" for the ruined hull, as "it's a valuable antique". = LOTS of "nuts" out there.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91075

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I looked in the library and it looks like the 1958 Le Sirena, a fiberglass model they made. In the pic the bow looks pretty rotted out also. Just getting out in one piece would be a challenge, a lot of weight in all that water and muck it's filled with. Location is Everglades, might need an air boat to get to it. No mention of a title. Even with all that...if it was a Samoan I'd have been on it fast.

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91076

we were offered a 1960 lone star flamingo a while back..."valuable antique "for $500...owner and some friends had gotten really drunk on Halloween and put some recliners in it and pulled it without a trailer all over coldwater ks....we offered him $50 and he said "how soon can you get it out of here"...we came back with a trailer....had a perfect windshield, the lone star marked cleats, a nice bow light, a nice stearn lite, perfect lone star scrips, and a lot of other hardwear...we fileted our flamingo and kept the bow for a patio table....don't see anything of value on his "feather craft"....john

Re: 1950 Feathercraft 10 years 6 months ago #91112

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The two "Fins" are two sharks in the brackish water guarding the hull from would be poachers. Becareful of the swamp people too if you decide to venture that way.

Regards,
StevieB

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online