Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: huge boat junk yard

huge boat junk yard 10 years 7 months ago #90014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: huge boat junk yard 10 years 7 months ago #90021

Just be aware that they ^^^ can be difficult to deal w/, esp via email & phone calls.

In person, it could go either way. Often expensive for a bare & or nearly stripped project boat. And trailers & motors aren't reasonable either.

Your experience may be different.

Either way, anyone who buys or attempts to buy stuff from them, post up the what & how it goes....

Re:huge boat junk yard 10 years 7 months ago #90024

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
DO NOT deal with this place. They have about the worst reputation in the business.

(Check on the internet) www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/lanier-marine-liquidators

They have total crapola, want a fortune for it and the photos they show are YEARS old. I went there to look at a Chris Craft Deluxe Enclosed cruiser which looked good in the photos. When I got there, it was a pile of rotten wood that had long ago collapsed under it's own weight...and they wanted $3,500 for it !!!! Check out this CURRENT ad for the SAME BOAT:

www.boattrader.com/listing/1950-Chris-Craft-Super-Deluxe-Enclosed-Cruiser-twin-Chris-Craft-flat-hea-99913268

Judging by what I found, that photo has to be AT LEAST 10 YEARS OLD! I should have taken a photo of it the way I found it...and that was two years ago! No one...and I mean no one...can restore that boat without a 99% replacement of ALL the wood.

I have never seen such a case of misrepresentation. They couldn't sell me dollar bills for a quarter. STAY AWAY!

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle