Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 18' Thompson Sea Coaster in Carnation Wa for $1850

18' Thompson Sea Coaster in Carnation Wa for $1850 7 years 9 months ago #129651

• Skagit17
  • Skagit17's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This old Thompson looks like a pretty nice barn find. It's dry at least. Here's the ad:

18' Thompson Lapstrake Sea Coaster lapstrake construction wooden boat.
A very well-built outboard power boat with desirable, lapstrake construction. This boat is coming out of dry storage, and waiting for a new owner. The lower hull is sanded to mainly bare wood and primer, and you can get an excellent view of the hulls condition. Interior is original, solid Mahogany, and regretably the photos show the boat the day I removed it from its Quonset hut storage and before I cleaned up the boat. Some of the wood inside appears almost in new condition.The Mahogany interior, and exposed, varnish wooden planking and interior wood is really attractive. I have the original Aluminum frame for the top cover.
Most of the interior looks very good presently.
This model is said to get up on plane nicely, handle offshore swells well, and is a great fishing platform. These boats are more common on the East Coast and midwest, and somewhat rare in the NW. It works well in salt water and fresh, with outboard engines sizes to suit your needs. Many owners opt for a 60-70s Vintage, 35-90hp outboard. Has control and transom mount for I believe an Evinrude longshaft outboard. The trailer (with WA clear Title) is a newer boat trailer with desirable Torsion bar suspension.I have modified it somewhat with carpet covered bunks for the hull to rest on.
I have lost storage and time, so the boat needs a new home, With priming and painting of the already well sanded lower hull, and minor work on the transom, I think this boat would be ready to be fitted with and outboard put in the water. Asking $1850. Cash preferred, but will consider trades up or down for sports muscle, or classic old car, or old vintage motorcycle,

seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/5903118009.html
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20.5' 1966 ClipperCraft, 18' 1978 Olympic, and a 12' 1959 Elgin Car Top.

Re:18' Thompson Sea Coaster in Carnation Wa for $1850 7 years 9 months ago #129655

She is too large to be a Sea Coaster model. Not sure what she might be. The year can be determined with a combination of the manufacturer's name and location and SERIAL NO. AND the HULL ID which is tamped into the wood of the transom, inside the boat. The HULL ID and SERIAL No are different. The OBC maximum HP and weight ratings on the metal tag can narrow down the model.

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online