Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone familiar with "Performer" boats?

Anyone familiar with "Performer" boats? 7 years 10 months ago #128843

While looking for a used 70 HP Evinrude/Johnson, I came across one sitting on the (broken) transom of a 16' fiberglass boat with the name plate "Performer" manufactured in Detroit, MI. The owner purchased the boat used about 2 years ago but according to the registration it was manufactured in 1966. The hull is all white with a light blue deck. The hull is a slight semi-v at the stern with rounded chines and sides ranging between 24" to about 30" at the windshield. The passenger area is completely open from the dash to the splash well with front/back facing lay-down seats typical of the 60's. It has a built in fuel tank under the bow and a headlight to port of the deck center line that folds down flush with the deck. I've lived in Michigan all of my life and spent my summers at Clear Lake near West Branch and cannot remember ever seeing one of these boats. I've decided to buy the engine, boat, and trailer although I have no real interest in the boat. I'll have a photo or two after the weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone familiar with "Performer" boats? 7 years 10 months ago #128857

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Anyone familiar with "Performer" boats? 7 years 10 months ago #129013

The year sounds sketchey as Performer closed around 1961 or so. also from every thing I can turn up they were all built in Bellflower California. I bought what was supposed to be a 1964 Seven Seas a few years ago. please post some pictures I may be interested . edit..... Even though the badges on my boat state bellflower ca. ther are no references in the library article to a plant actually being there. but here you go. I did re reread the Orlando Sentinal articles relating to the Performer boat co. in Ft Lauderdale fl ( links are in the library) It reads like a Movie sequel to Good Fellas but only in sunny Fl. Ya gotta read it!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online