Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy

Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy 8 years 1 day ago #127663

seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/5813649251.html

I really need to stop torturing myself with CraigsList. I know I'm not ready and that's the only reason I'm not calling on this one.
Rodney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy 8 years 1 day ago #127665

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Wonder if the motor is going with? The "402" isn't much of a motor, but the short shaft tower is the same as a 50hp and you could build a really nice "shortie" to put on a classic hull. The Bay Marine 5" extension kit on there is probably worth $100 or more on eBay, as well.

Heck, he's considering paying someone $100 to remove the whole mess, if the motor doesn't come with, make a deal to throw the motor in and she's all gone for free! Even comes with titles for both boat and trailer, how can you pass that up!

Drag it home, cut up or burn the boat if it's a goner, you've still got a nice trailer and maybe some motor parts to go with.

Re: Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy 8 years 23 hours ago #127674

Until I get rid of a couple cars, clean out our little tin carport so I have a place to work on one and get a job so I can afford things like supplies to rebuild one it's not practical for me to get a boat. I am working on the cleanup and the job. I figure a year or so and I can tackle a project that size. Right now I'm having fun looking at what you guys are doing here and I'm doing what I can to learn so I'll be ready.
My biggest concern is that in between now and then something will happen where these old glass boats become popular again and the supply will dry up.
Right now there are a bunch of good free or cheap project boats in the area. I am partial to the Bell Boys and Skagits I see. They're (to me anyway)nice looking boats and were built here in WA.
Meanwhile, if I see something that I think members here might be interested in I will go ahead and post it.
I'm going to ask what you guys think a goner is or what you all think a reasonable starting point is in the main forum. It's a good question to me.
Rodney

Re: Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy 7 years 11 months ago #128313

hi do you have any pics of your Bell Boy?
I would say any topic you want to ask about is good if I understand your question correct?
there is some real experts on this site.
Thanks

Re: Another Freebie 58 Bell Boy 7 years 11 months ago #128326

It wasn't my Bell Boy. Sorry.
I'm still in the figure out what I want to do stage. I'm starting to get an idea. Between funds and space issues it will probably be sometime next year before I can justify getting a boat-even a free one. The buy-in is just the first and least of the costs. Meanwhile I keep reading, learning and thinking about it.
Rodney

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online