Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 6 hp Scott

6 hp Scott 8 years 1 month ago #125977

fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/bpo/5741079531.html

Looks pretty rare to me from what I've googled. Price is right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:6 hp Scott 8 years 1 month ago #125981

OK... I admit it... I'm weak... going to get it myself! ;)

Re:6 hp Scott 8 years 1 month ago #125995

They are a cool concept that was taken up by JohnRude.
Just so you know. If the carby needs cleaning/rebuild you will literally have to take the whole motor apart to remove the carb.
You will find that the powerhead has to come off and to take that off you will need to remove the lower unit.
They sell human hair at many hair salon supply stores. Buy some, it will save on some of your own after you work on that outboard. They are neat looking little motors though. I have had quite a few. It's worth the experience.

Stay calm. Move on.

Re:6 hp Scott 8 years 1 month ago #126064

Thanks Clyde, I'm always up for a new experience! The thing is packed tight, and one account I read said the power head had to come off to get the lower unit off, so I'm in for a garage floor full of parts regardless but I'm pretty good with a wrench and the hair is already gone, so I'm set! I bought it off an old man, it was his first outboard and he had stories of many good times with it. He got a bigger boat late 70's and this one has been in his garage since. I thought he was gonna cry when I took it away... Really shouldn't have bought the thing at all, I have no use for it other than a cool looking kicker, but it's just so damn cute, I couldn't help myself!! And it has a separate impeller with an external hose to pump your bilge! The handle also has a lever to fold it down and there are finger grips in the swivel mount for use as a carry handle. I've searched the internet far and wide, and the only other 6hp I can find was from a post almost 3 years ago here by ponyboy, but even his looked different. This one looks to be a 1960 from the numbers and I'm hoping to match up some readily available impellers after I tear into it. Both cylinders have 120 psi and I'm tempted to throw some gas to it but don't want to send impeller shrapnel through the motor... came with 2 tanks and the cool homemade cart for 70 bucks... plus a spare prop!
Attachments:

Re:6 hp Scott 8 years 1 month ago #126076

Good deal. I love that extra impeller/bilge pump setup.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle