Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help identifying.

Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #125967

These are the boats I was talking about earlier. Unfortunately the farmer wasn't home so I took a couple pics from the road. This trihull doesn't look too bad and it's an inboard too. Thanks in advance. Mark.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re: Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #125978

The outdrive on the cruiser isn't familiar to me. Is it an older Volvo Penta unit ? That boomerang logo is driving me crazy, I know I've seen it before. I wish I was better with this infernal machine I'm using but I can't seem to save a cutout of the logo. But I was looking at that OMC drive Subaru Scott posted and this may be an OMC outdrive unit. It's similar to that electric shift in his first photo I think.

Re: Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #125997

The cruiser has an OMC electric shift outdrive, you haven't experienced hell until you try to work on one of those!!! It seems like all the engineers at OMC took every bad idea they ever had and built these drives. The later 400 and 800 series units where a bit better but still no where near as good as the Volvo and Mercruiser units. The OMC Cobra drive was just a re-badged Volvo but it was too little too late to save the OMC drive from extinction.

Re: Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #125998

Oh goody. I've experienced hell but not with boats, yet. lol. It's such a decent looking little cruiser though. Considering how and where it's been sitting (by Simcoe) the motor is probably seized up anyway. If I can figure out what it is, maybe I can find a wreck with a decent I/O and do a swap ? I don't pick fights I can't win so a "newer" motor and outdrive would be my best option. Any thoughts on the make and model Al ? Thanks for the warning too :)

Re: Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #126003

I don't know what make or model the boat is. In order to change to any other make of drive that HUGE hole the OMC needs has to be filled in and a new hole cut, way too much work and expense as far as I'm concerned. The local muskrats loved to chew on the big rubber boot of a friends boat and it ended up on the bottom twice before he gave up and sold it! If you want a cruiser stick to the outboard ones, at worse when motor blows up and can't be fixed it's pretty easy to swap it out!

Re: Need help identifying. 8 years 1 month ago #126004

Thanks Al. Like I said, I don't pick fights I can't win so I guess unless this one turns out to be extremely rare I'll just have to let her rot where she lays. I'd hoped to rescue it but with my budget getting radical won't happen. I don't have enough experience to start doing surgery like that. There's lots of country roads and lots of farms so I'll just keep looking. Still, I'd like to know what it is before I write it off. Have a good night. Mark.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle