Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west

Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120781

I didn't see anyplace to post this other than the main forum. Let me know if there's a better place.

Interesting boat for sale on Craigslist.
1958 Southern California Corporation 13' runabout.
I assume it's a Larson Thunderhawk built under license.
Looks complete.

inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/5494739163.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120785

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
That can be posted in "Sightings". But no biggie, and thats a pretty cool little boat as the Merc!

Re:Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120789

I have to say, my recent experience is that it is difficult to register in California without a pink slip.

A pink slip wasn't required in Idaho where I bought my boat from and Califronia DMV insisted I had to have one for the trailer and the boat. Several calls and letters later, I was able to get it registered.

Re:Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120790

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
WOW! now that is cool. I might have to make room for that, thank god its to far away!!! LOL
Hope it gets saved.

Re:Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120816

I've lived in 9 states and California is always where I end back. I agree that the DMV here is a pain but I've always managed to get around their hoops. The one I bought is somehow titled as a 1962 Corsair 15 foot boat and from all the info I've found so far it's actually a 1960 Corsair 14 foot. As long as it's titled in the end I guess....

Re:Interesting find in So Cal for anybody on the west 8 years 6 months ago #120834

A lot of these old girls are registered as the wrong year. Mine is a 1959 Thompson Sea Lancer but it is registered as a 1962. Considering it had a '63 Merc 850 on it, I think it either sat in a warehouse or showroom for 3 years then they sold it with a new motor and called it a '62. I didn't think it was important to sweat the details and straighten it out just for the registration. More work than it was worth. I know what it is, and the hull number proves what it is if needed.
Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online