Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any clue what this boat is?

Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119314

Hello everybody! Thanks for welcoming me to the community. Well, I'm here looking for help. I've been driving past this 16' classic for the last 6 years and finally got the courage to ask these nice folks about it. They said they needed help with school supplies so they said, "How's 100 bucks sound?". I didn't think twice and grabbed it. They knew it was a 1957 but even on the title the make is "unknown runabout". Hopefully someone out here can help me out! Thank y'all!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119315

Don't know what make it is. But it's very cool! Congrats!

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119320

juiceman_6,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I have NO clue as to what you bought BUT for 100.oo, I like it.
(I have 2 boats on the family farm that I have NO idea as to what they are.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119321

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Sorry I am not helping you identify it, but it is WAY cool and thanks for sharing. First thing I want to do with my little 1958 is to put longer bunks on that extend past the transom to better support the hull (in hopes to avoid it getting a "hook" near the back)...that picture makes it look like it has short bunks. Wish all of these boats could talk (since I see rod holders). Good luck with the identity and restoration.

Dr.Go!

Dr.Go!

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119322

I am just guessing, but might it be a bell boy? Check out the glassic library and look closely at the lines in the hull, I think they look similar. Regardless it is cool looking with that hard top, you guys in Washington have all the cool stuff.

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119331

The bow surely resembles some old Bellboy boats, but there's no tail fins on her. The saga continues! Thanks for the compliments!

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119350

I dont know what it is, but are you sure the hardtop was original or added later.

The 'seam' at the top of the windshield to hardtop joint doesnt look like what I would have expected it to look like if factory.

Even if it was intended as a removeable hardtop...

It is certainly possible I'm wrong.

Nice looking boat though. Wide at the bow w lots of flare to the hull as it rises at the bow.

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119355

Also can't help ID, but cool find! The top could go either way. My '58 club mariner top also has a seam above the window and can be removed if you are so inclined. The trailer def. looks too small for it. put a motor on that and it will be an interesting ride. Cool Find!

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119356

Also can't help ID, but cool find! The top could go either way. My '58 club mariner top also has a seam above the window and can be removed if you are so inclined. The trailer def. looks too small for it. put a motor on that and it will be an interesting ride. Cool Find!

Re:Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119358

I agree with the seam looking suspicious! Who've did it went to town with the brass screws. I'm suspicious of the windshield too, it's plexiglass with some modern weatherstripping holding it in. Regardless, I like the look of it, it has the 50s style to it too!

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119359

whatsleft, I had to put it on my little boat trailer to get it home, only a mile but it was an interesting mile to say the least!

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119365

juiceman_6,

There were so many THOUSAND builders of boats between WWII & 1970 that you may NEVER know for sure who built your hull. = I have a 50s-style 16 foot hull that I've owned for 20 years & still have "not a clue" who actually built it.
(Some "small & independent boat-builders" built as few as ONE hull before closing their doors forever. - Fwiw, I own the ONLY Camp County Boatworks runabout that the company ever built.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Any clue what this boat is? 8 years 8 months ago #119373

Satx,
Very true on the thousands of boat builders. I'm hoping one of the thousands of boat-enjoyers on this forum may just happen to know what it is. And if I'm that lucky to find out, my next stop is for a lotto ticket :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online