Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist

Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117598

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/5304568394.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/5335333970.html

Looks like lots of Glassic boats and Classic motors listed in the Minneapolis, Mn Craigslist page for the November 28th listings under "boats". I believe that actual location might be Rochester, Mn.

I am hoping many just might find what they are looking for...craigs list helped me with a 2 boats and a few motors. This would be all fresh water and short season stuff. Good luck to all who are interested!

Sincerely,
Dr. Go! (Mark) new member.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117599

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Oops - I just saw that the information I listed above was already listed under the Glassifieds. Sorry about that. I posted the above before looking here. I just knew how I had missed 2 nice deals by waiting one day too long and wanted everyone to have their best chance. I can now see how addicting this "hobby" can be :laugh:

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117602

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
No problem Mark, and you're exactly right - for some of the best deals you have to be "Johny on the spot" or somebody else steals the deal!

Mark

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117615

Oh my, oh my!
Wish I had room, more $$ and an understanding wife!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117634

I could really use a larger driveway... And a garage...

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117638

Aaaa! Treasure! And again, I am too far away...
Larry

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117641

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Though I am about 4 hours from "the treasures" (and do not have a "good" reason to go). However, I DO travel down to northwest Indiana several times a year...(what I am really saying is that if someone to the south or east would call and find a boat or motor they really wanted, it would give ME a "good" reason to go and maybe even find something I could use as well...I am looking for an enabler :) I could pull a boat or get an outboard and get it as far as NW Indiana (I94/I65 area)...and just maybe another could find a way to shuttle it "home" for someone. I couldn't do it but perhaps once, but knowing how much I love boating, I would be willing to do it for another member that just might find their "holy Grail").

Dr. Go! (Mark - the "other" enabler)
p.s. How many boats do I need to own before counseling is recommended (or before interventions are required?

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117647

Dr.Go,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117651

• curse
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Dr.Go! I may be contacting you. I'm looking for a "looper" evinrude or Johnson 65-100hp...Early 70's. If they have one we might have to talk.

1960 slickcraft catalina
1963 g-w invader ski-bird
1972 g-w invader drag & ski 14
Portage Michigan

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117670

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the "welcome" satx!

Curse: Let me know if you call and find they have a motor you want. Seems like those motors are everywhere here in Wi. You also might want to check Craigslist for Minneapolis (bigger market area), and maybe Wausau, Wi,. or Madison, Wi. since I am always passing through there. If you could find what you wanted, the last two cities would not even be out of my way (even the northern Wisconsin Craigslist is not too bad for me since I go up to see family often). I have often seen better deals on entire running boat/motor/trailer combos than on just a loose motor. You could keep whole package, or sell boat and trailer to help recover the motor investment...just some thoughts. Good luck hunting!

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117694

Dr.GO,

PLEASE keep your eyes open for HOMELITE55 & BEARCAT55 outboards. - I'm always a buyer for those.
(Wishing that I could find a matched pair!!)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117708

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
satx,

I will keep my eyes open for the 55's. My best luck might be at the August 2016 Tomahawk, Wi National Antique Outboard Motor show. I see a bit of the Scott's, sea-kings, Chryslers, more and more and more.

However, since I seem to find myself searching Craigslist almost every day for Wisconsin and eastern Mn, I will keep my eye out.

Another note: I do have family in Texas and Louisiana...some years I do visit Hammond, La around late Feb/early March...all of this might be a long shot, but if we found a nice matching pair of 55's that are worth getting (fresh water motors), maybe we would have to find a team to shuttle them down to you. Which is your first choice? Homelite, or Bearcat?

Sincerely,
Dr. Go!

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117711

Dr.Go!,

I would happily buy a pair of either HOMELITE or BEARCAT 55HP outboards (at a reasonable price), inasmuch as there is little functional difference in the two "brands".
(So far everyone that I know of who have "a matched pair"s believe that they are NATIONAL TREASURES & price them in that way. = One man in KY told me that, "I wouldn't even consider selling my outboards for less than 10,000 dollars." - I laughed & promptly drove away.)

THANKS, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117717

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I do understand that some people are very proud of what they have and rightfully so if they have something they take pride in...that said - if a person does not want to sell, then do not...I am the type of person that feels another persons hobby and passion should be as equally respected as mine...so if I ever sell anything in my life, it is at a reasonable price...and if I know it needs repair, I know the parts cost money and a person's lost time fixing it has value too since it can take time away from family. Therefore, I also adjust that price down as well accordingly. I figure why should someone take a year of chasing parts and fixing if another person can sell them something at an appropriate valued price. I have seen fair pricing on motors I have looked at at the Tomahawk show ...however, I have not priced the homelites. I travel a few days a month across Wisconsin and always have my "hawk-eyes" looking. Their are boat/motor glassics sitting in yards peppered across the state.

I would be happy to look since they are reasonably easy to spot since they are unique. If I don't find twins, is one a good start?...or do you want them off of a twin rig?

Dr. Go!

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117718

Dr.Go!,

While I would certainly consider another "single" (I recently bought a "rebuilt" F-Model Bearcat to power one of my runabouts.), I really NEED a matched pair for the "new to me" Glass YELLOW JACKET.
(Btw, the 55 is actually 45HP at the prop.)

THANKS AGAIN.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117719

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
www.spanagel.net/Event-Photos/Tomahawk-Nationals/Tomahawk-2014/Arena/i-tqL9zBK/A

I hope this link works. This 55 was in the "ice hockey arena" display at the 2014 Tomahawk show. Outside, venders come from many states to sell outboards (hundreds and hundreds)...now I will have to look for this (likely not in this shape). It may never hurt to just ask what it might take for someone to part with one??

ok - you will be the first to hear from me if I ever spot some of these.

Respectfully,
Dr. Go!

Dr.Go!

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117803

Those ads are mine boys so if you have something you desire let me know. I would really like to move these boats and some motors or there is going to be one really big auction come spring. I have even put some of my personal collection up for sale too. Not like I wanted to but the unexpected death of my mom in august has forced my hand. Long story but bottom line is for the estate to be settled her bills have to be paid. Guess who gets deal with that. Me. Once and a while I sell something using craigs list but I guess I will have to use evilbay too. I got some smokin deals on some cool boats and motors. I do have a list of guys that do some trucking too so I can get stuff delivered if its not a big time crunch. I need 20 boats to go asap.
Bob
Attachments:

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117823

• curse
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Bob, I sent you a private message.

And...If there was a huge auction this spring I would be there!

1960 slickcraft catalina
1963 g-w invader ski-bird
1972 g-w invader drag & ski 14
Portage Michigan

Re:Lots of Glassics and outboards in Mn Craigslist 8 years 10 months ago #117830

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bob,

Sorry to hear the news of your Mother. My best to you and your family.

Dr.Go! (Mark)

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle