Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 59 Lone Star in Ohio

59 Lone Star in Ohio 9 years 4 months ago #109869

columbus.craigslist.org/boa/4992354470.html

I looked at this boat... really straight but the transom wood is missing trailer is scrap iron and the old Rude has been used for parts and stuff is missing. on the bright side it has some rechromed hardware that is very nice. the hull doesn't have a ding in it and has been stripped.... he is fairly firm on his price though. I was close to buying but was afraid the trailer wouldn't make the 3 hour drive home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:59 Lone Star in Ohio 9 years 4 months ago #109888

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Looks like a project I would take on. Half the work is already finished, ie striping it down. Transom wood is easy fix, make a cardboard template and cut out a new one from plywood of course with all the glassing etc. From the pics the trailer looks like it would make the trip but check and repack the wheel bearings, take all the back roads you can find :laugh:
The way things are going on my '58 RDS-20 outboard, trying to pull the flywheel, I just might need the one sitting on that Rude.
$750 seems pretty steep to me. Don't know about your area but for a stripped down hull and parts motor and junk trailer I wouldn't go any higher than $200/$250 unless it came with oars.

Re:59 Lone Star in Ohio 9 years 4 months ago #109890

I offered 200 but his statement of "I could cut it up and get that for the scrap" is probably true...500 might get his attention but I wasn't willing.

Re:59 Lone Star in Ohio 9 years 4 months ago #109891

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
True about the scrap, call his bluff and hand out a sawzall or $250. Keep the offer open, give him your number. :laugh:
All kidding aside, I'd walk away.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online