Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: custom craft Delaware river ?????

custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107308

Howdy everyone, very long. time since I've been on the boards, had to be 10-15 years ago a gentleman on this site told me he lived right on the Delaware on PA side right by Phillipsburg ? NJ, and that he had a custom craft he might part with that was red from what i remember, does anyone know who it might be ? I just moved back to nj from 10 years in ga, and I'm looking for a custom craft project, thanks, scottyv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107310

scott, i know the guy.i met him at the harveys lake acbs show in pennsy. he gave me his business card. he was lookin at my boat and kept insisting that my merc 700 was a longshaft. because my cav plate was so low, didn't realize the transom was cut down 2".
i still have it, just have to find it. i also know another guy who use to live in south jersey, moved to delaware that has a 1960 cc sea ray that he's tryin to get rid of. my buddy in pennsy just sold 2 cc's, one restored. and dave albertson (cc1000)in buffalo probably can hook you up with one also. his website www.nicklecityclassics.com...i'll look for the card. ron

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107439

cool, thanks, if you can find that card it would be awsome, growing up i had a 61 with a 40 horse evinrude lark, i had loads of fun in that boat, ufortunatly like all custom crafts the transom was all rotted out inside the glass, i sure wish i would have kept it, then when i was about 16 i came accross a mint devil ray right across the lake from me (lake Hopatcong) and i almost bought it, but i was already driving, and spent all my free time in my car, then about 15 ? years ago i saw a pic of one on this site, that james whaley had found on lincoln pond road in upstate ny, and i wanted so bad to go check it out, and while talking with him another guy saw our conver and said he had 2 one was a factory display model that was never even rigged with steering or motor, which he wanted a fortune for, and the red one that i was asking about, said he lived right by phillipsburg, on the pa side, it was alot closer than upstate ny, but one thing led to another and i never got either of them, but now i'm back and i will have a custom craft !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107440

heres the only pic i have of my old one circa 1977 (covered in snow) and a pic of the one james found in upstate ny
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107441

heres the only pic i have of my old one circa 1977 (covered in snow) and a pic of the one james found in upstate ny
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107442

Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107443

Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107447

sorry i couldnt get it to upload the pics so i kept trying, somehow it uploaded my old boat several times, but not the one james found, and now i cant seem to delete the several copies of mine :(

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107453

The gentleman from PA near Phillipsburg NJ was in Washington Crossing PA. He had the beautiful yellow and white hardtop Custom Craft. I can't remember his name now.

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107460

I might just take a ride this weekend, if i remember it was the first turn over the bridge, and he said he was right on the river, can't be that hard to find if its still there

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107461

alumaglass wrote:

The gentleman from PA near Phillipsburg NJ was in Washington Crossing PA. He had the beautiful yellow and white hardtop Custom Craft. I can't remember his name now.

:

found the card... his name is: Stanley Dohm
186 Aqueduct Rd.
Washington Crossing, Pa.18977
215-493-2255
met him a few years back at the harveys lake acbs show.
hope this helps in accquiring a great boat.
i pretty much made the same post as you have done back in 1995 i think.
a member here read my post and understood my passion of accquiring a customcraft. he found it for me on the pennsy/ west virginia border. i think it ranks right up there in styling with any of the early glassics. i've won 10 "best of class" awards with it at various shows. unfortunately i haven't been able to use it in the last 2 yrs. due to health problems, but lookin forward to boating this year. :
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online