Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 15' 1958 Glasscraft

15' 1958 Glasscraft 9 years 7 months ago #106541

• cron78
  • cron78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 15' 1958 Glasscraft 9 years 7 months ago #106542

Wish it was closer, cool boat.

Re: 15' 1958 Glasscraft 9 years 7 months ago #106602

you don,t see many fort dodge made boats out there. I live about 3-4 miles from where that boat was bilt.the America boats where the most popular around hear in the 50,s Bob

Re:15' 1958 Glasscraft 9 years 7 months ago #106624

Fort Dodge, Iowa was home to three (3) fiberglass pleasure boat manufacturers!

Glass Craft started first by four guys. I think Fort Dodge Boat Company was the next one, founded by Ray Sindlinger who had been with Glass Craft. They made "Cruise-About" brand boats. When the Musick brothers were pushed out of Glass Craft in 1958 they along with four other local men started Span America Boat Company.

Glass Craft had two disasterous fires which ended its short life. Fort Dodge Boat Company also met its fate by fire. Span America extended its finances too wide and went belly up, was bought by a NYC investor who moved operations to Red Wing, MN about 1961. That didn't last very long and they ended in bankruptcy. Some of Span America former dealers bought molds and tooling and moved it to Rice Lake Boat Co. in Rice Lake, WI where they made "Span America" boats under contract. In 1964 the guys bought out Rice Lake Boat Co. and formed Span Boats, Inc. It lasted till 1969.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online