Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Boston whaler LTD.

Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104710

An older Boston wahaler with a weird coabin, no year, but tri hull, so prob 70's, but wild looking. On LI. Oh, and asking a LOT for it....lol...

longisland.craigslist.org/boa/4857035020.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104712

whatsleft,

Dick Fisher made some ODD boats over the years that he owned BW. = There is a MONTAUK in Corpus Christ, TX that was special ordered with full teak interior and REAL leather seats.
(It was built for a "well-to-do" physician there.)

Evidently, if you had the $$$$$$$ they would build you most anything.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104714

satx78247 wrote:

.................Evidently, if you had the $$$$$$$ they would build you most anything

Including ugly arse boats:

All that space for a window and they used those little portholes on the front of the 'cabin'.....

U
G
L
Y

IMO :)

Re: Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104715

Just to the left of the boat is the ugly tree it fell out of!! And that sucker hit every branch on the way down. I'm not sure if I'd pick it up if the seller paid me $2000.00!!!

Re: Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104718

jbcurt00 wrote:

All that space for a window and they used those little portholes on the front of the 'cabin'

I know a guy that thought the same thing about another offshore boat. So he went about cutting in some windows. It looked great and gave a lot of light below.

About 4 years later while working his way through the breakers at Madagorda TX a wave gave him a lot of water through what was just a few sec earlier a window. He turn around and got back into the river with about 6" of free board. When he turn too hard to get to the nearest pier he lost it. They spent the weekend getting it out and the motors running.

CAVU

Re: Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104719

Thats where Flash Gordon sits, has to have port holes

Re:Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104781

I think whalers are over priced and ugly as a general rule but I kinda like that one it has that I want to be a submarine feel!!

Re:Old Boston whaler LTD. 9 years 8 months ago #104782

That LI boat is a Menemsha model. Made for 3 or so years. The small porthole like windows are on each side of the 2 bow "doors" that open outward., called "clamshell doors". MUCH drier running in a chop. They had 2 pipe and fabric bunks and an optional head in the cabin. The LI boat looks to be missing it's seating console.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online