Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: glass slipper

glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103214

hi all, first time poster but I have frequented the site often. Just thought I would post up a sighting of Glass Slipper in St Clair MI. its been several years since I saw it and I actually put a deposit on it only to get stiffed. I was doing some on site work at a marina there and spotted it on a trip to a local hardware store. it was sitting in a driveway and there was a guy mowing the grass so I stopped in and asked him about it. He told me it was his brothers and that he wanted to get it out of his driveway and he was pretty sure it was for sale. I offered him five hundred he said cool and gave him fifty down, I even said I understand its really not yours to sell so if your brother objects either let me chat with him direct or just give me back the deposit no harm no foul. Couple days go by and I am back home in Ohio and I call him to schedule a day to pick it up, this is where it goes south. Avoided calls, double talk and stories. Needless to say the guy just stiffed me and I was unable to secure it. Just thought I would post up that there is definitely one in existence in the St Clair area, it is the first series with single headlights. Its been about three or four years I still have the guys number maybe I'll give him a shout an rattle his cage see if I can get my fifty back of finish the deal.
There is a remote chance I have a pic of it but I have to resurrect it off a crashed drive.

incidentally my name comes from my line of work. I own a custom fiberglass shop in NW Ohio. I originally started out restoring Vettes in the eighties and nineties but I am a lifelong boater and much of the last twenty years I have done custom boat stuff. Mostly Cigarette, Scarab, etc. custom mods hatches/dashes/paint etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103218

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Dave, glad to have you join us.

Mark

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103232

Yes Dave welcome aboard, glad you joined us!

Bob

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103237

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I know of one that was finless and then there was one closer to detroiy both 3=4 yrs ago Bill

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103245

• Larry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I bought this one in Michigan 4 years ago.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks

Attachments:

Re: glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103271

glassdave,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103277

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have surfed this for a while now, there are some absolutely amazing 'ol boats. Hey can anyone identify this one? I took these pics about four or five years ago about a quarter mile from my shop at a local boat bone yard. I think its long since gone but would like to ID it. This is actually the boat I'd like to find and restore.
Attachments:

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103278

can you attach more then one pic at a time?
Attachments:

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103279

Larry that was definitely not the one i looked at. The one i saw was ratted out pretty good. Nothing but a shell with some misc trim. That one you have looks good.

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103280

• NJTriton
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thats a Johnson Deluxe- here is agleason's restoration thread for the same boat...
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/member-projects/1964-johnson-deluxe-resto-mod

-Brian

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103281

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I would bet the one you were trying for was sold to Tom Encinato in minn.I had it bought for 7500 then the man sold it for 10k to him it needed restored and was missing the fins,, and the guy was from st Claire that sold it,,I am sure he bought it from your guy,probable,, I have a 58 restored and a 1959,, there were only 2 1959 you will see a couple posted here but they are repops pics at www.billscars.com under boat section,,Bill

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103282

Thanks Bill, That sounds about right the guy was an asshat. I'm not to concerned about loosing fifty on a deposit but hell at least call me back lol. Missing fins rings a bell to. I know i have some pics somewhere . . . .

NJ thanks, thats cool. Would love to find one to restore . . . .

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103291

glassdave wrote:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have surfed this for a while now, there are some absolutely amazing 'ol boats. Hey can anyone identify this one? I took these pics about four or five years ago about a quarter mile from my shop at a local boat bone yard. I think its long since gone but would like to ID it. This is actually the boat I'd like to find and restore.

Welcome aboard! That is definitely a Johnson Deluxe!

Re:glass slipper 9 years 9 months ago #103300

thanks guys, just happened to run into the bone yards owner in West Marine this afternoon and he confirmed its been sold long ago. I did some quick searching on the net and looks like they are out there and some priced pretty reasonably. I like the layout and size of this boat, much more usable to me.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online