Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Older Merc 40

Older Merc 40 9 years 10 months ago #102754

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Older Merc 40 9 years 10 months ago #102780

• Onkyo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like a nice motor.

Re:Older Merc 40 9 years 10 months ago #102791

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thats an prize! Go check it out and offer $100. Know he will take $150 easy so split it at $125..AFTER the usual solid inspection.

OH yeah! A side note when I was doing a month long "road trip" left coast from Illinois. Just out Taos lost my old HD bagger clutch. Broken clutch fork in the trans. Limped back to town just slamming the gears messing with traffic. If I had to stop it was kill switch, and fire again 1st gear. I thought I might have to go to Sante Fe for a HD dealer. But asked a cop if and "HD fix it shops here?"

Well fate was "on my back" He said .."2 blocks up on yer right!"

Wheeled in. One of the 2 there, knew what it was. Said no way available with out searching one..(phone calls then). Said he found one on Oklahoma, but its coming on a bus here now. Hopefully tomorrow, or next day. Then he started tearing off the trans cover to get at it. So I got a motel room in town..(OF COURSE WITH A POOL!). And over looking the "ski resort there, which I have skied with our ski club".

So I stopped a drug store (WALKING IS SLOW!) And bought a stack "Mad Magazines" So hit the pool, feed well, and the "Mad"!

It took 2 days for the part and me back the road.. Still think about that size yer toe nail "fork", thats "on the bus" to save my ass middle USA, and only 1/4 through the trip? I still think that little "part""? Had its own seat, seat belt on, "gotta save a broke down biker!

And those guys the HD shop? Simple the BEST! HONEST, and charged me one HALF what I would have charged if working some other. Plus a free T-Shirt! Damn good people in NM.

But those guys there

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online