Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: for you wood boat guys

for you wood boat guys 9 years 10 months ago #102681

1963 Century Resorter 19' Classic Mahogany - $2250 (Central, NJ) southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/4737603965.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:for you wood boat guys 9 years 10 months ago #102701

That's been floating around the Century Boat Club facebook page also. Carrier deck Resorter as they're called.

Bob

Re:for you wood boat guys 9 years 10 months ago #102809

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I always get a bit queasy when the seller hasn't gone to the trouble to update the title and registration on the boat. He's done it on the trailer, why not the boat?

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:for you wood boat guys 9 years 10 months ago #102810

Likely the boat didnt require title/reg until recently, but as a 'vehicle' using public roads the trailer probably had title/reg. Trailers can also be 'easier' to register as homebuilt, boats, esp w logos on it, can be tougher.

IMO.

Some places require a visual inspection and a paper trail for boats, but dont even confirm the trailer lights work during ots visual inspection.

I am not overly concerned about buying title-less boats or trailers, esp vintage ones, if I get the impression the seller is being honest during ALL communications and doesnt give me any reason to think they dont have the right to sell it.

Re:for you wood boat guys 9 years 10 months ago #102849

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Well anyway, it's ugly and definately NOT an "easy restoration." Also, those Fireball V8s (AMC based) are a pain in the butt. You must have the original Leece-Neville alternator because nothing else will fit in the only spot available to mount one. Finding a voltage regulator for that alternator and marine exhaust manifolds is close to impossible. There are no performance parts available and the parts that you can find cost a fortune. Also, the power to weight ratio stinks. If the engine were replaced and the boat restored, I would estimate the cost of the "easy restoration" to be right around $30,000...worth half that when completed...maybe.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle