Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 Westfield Custom Restoration

1965 Westfield Custom Restoration 4 weeks 1 day ago #148810

Hello everyone,
Last year I got this 1965 Westfield for free off Craigslist. It had been sitting in the previous owners backyard uncovered for 15 years. Full of leaves and debris, rotten to the core. Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me, but I wanted a project. I'm happy to say that she is almost ready for an outboard, and a test run.

I had to replace the transom, and the floors. I re-foamed in between the stringers and glassed a complete new floor. First thing I quickly noticed is I suck at laying fiberglass. This is my first build so I learned quickly from making many mistakes. Once the floor was complete I replaced the steering system with a new NFB system, built a custom wood dash, replaced all the cleats and lights with new, installed a swim platform for the kids, and built a custom storage area for the battery and fuel tank (with a hinged top).

The windshield is original and I replaced the mounting hardware and the rubber gasketing. Some other bells and whistles are a new horn, new breaker panel, all new seats, and multiple coats of Total Boat topside paint throughout. Lots of sanding and prep to boot.

As you can see I wanted to not approach this as an authentic restoration, but more of a fun build on a classic with a modern twist. I know, the seats aren't traditional back to backs, but I wanted a boat that my family can enjoy with many scenarios. Swimming, fishing, or just cruising. Anyways, let me know what you think.

Also, I'm purchasing a new Yamaha 60HP 4 stroke for her. She should rip!

Thanks!

-Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1965 Westfield Custom Restoration 4 weeks 1 day ago #148811

Very nice work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: prusso_

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7231 guests and one member online