Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 Mercury Tower of power

1978 Mercury Tower of power 10 years 3 weeks ago #99995

I just bought my first boat at age 51 about a month ago. I am told this motor needs a trigger. Does anyone know where I can get one? Also the power trim system works on and off. It has a small drip on top of one of the cylinders right where there is a screw. I am told there is a seal kit I can buy. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1978 Mercury Tower of power 10 years 3 weeks ago #100048

Nice looking boat Mike, in order for anyone to help you with your trigger question we need to see the motor better. Take the cowl off and shoot a pic of both sides of the power head. It wouldn,t hurt to post the serial number too. 1978 and 79 was a transition year from distributor to ADI. The pics will tell us what you have and where to go for a trigger.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:1978 Mercury Tower of power 10 years 3 weeks ago #100193

• L115
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As far as I know, the 1978 and 1979 MODEL year engines had distributor ignition. The ADI's were introduced for 1980 model year engines, which began production in the last half of 1979.

Re:1978 Mercury Tower of power 10 years 2 weeks ago #100234

79 was ADI either way pics will tell us what he has and the triggers are different depending on what he has.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online