Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mark 55 teardown - stuck - pic and question

Mark 55 teardown - stuck - pic and question 10 years 2 months ago #98226

I have powerhead out and all bolts/nuts around perimeter removed other than the few with the lock tabs - the cover will not come off but does move up enough to get a screwdriver in between it and main block - I am afraid to lever much on this and would like to know if those bolts with lock tabs also need to be removed - I was assuming they hold something inside in place.
Thank you
PS the bolts you see still there around perimeter have nuts removed the bolts with tabs are preventing them from being taken out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mark 55 teardown - stuck - pic and question 10 years 2 months ago #98235

Remove the reed cage bolts with the tabs and the main bearing bolt to remove the cover. tabs must be bent open to do it.

Re:Mark 55 teardown - stuck - pic and question 10 years 2 months ago #98236

Thank you - once the cover is off I am going to mark everything and remove the crank shaft - then need to inspect and see what is causing the problem.
Do you have any suggestions for cleaning products for the nooks and crannies in the cooling system?

Re:Mark 55 teardown - stuck - pic and question 10 years 2 months ago #98244

call me 1 914 310 7086.
you do not have to go inside for the cooling system. call me before you pull the crank.

Merc 55 crankcase cover off - looks nice and clean 10 years 2 months ago #98261

I have the crank case cover off now - everything inside looks pretty clean to me with little or no sign of rust however nothing moving - I understand everything comes out as a unit - so, if I do happen to get it to move and take out the crank/pistons etc I am assuming I need a specific ring compressor to get that all back in again? I really want to see if I can get it freed up without having to do that though.
Lee

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online