Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: INSURANCE ?????

INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95945

where can I get liability insurance for 1958 wooden boat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95959

Dave,
Did you try Hagerty yet?

Bob

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95960

Haggerty....

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95961

Check with your home owners policy. Mine covered liability with no increase in premium. The boat is 14 foot with a 65 HP. The agent said "Oh, you could not hurt anybody with that small a boat." So my homeowners covers up to a 70 HP motor, liability only. If the boat in on my property, I get $5000 damage coverage also.

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95964

Doh thanks Ron!!!!!!

Bob

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #95979

I use Haggerty. 10K agreed value, high liabilities coverage (in the 100's of K), some towing (not much). I also have unlimited towing through Boat US (I take my boat way out). About $250 a year. But you can bet i will be checking with my homeowners.....

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #96037

I just insured my home built Glen-L Zip Thru Hagerty and it was $243. I didn't think about coverage under home owners I will be checking into that.

Travis

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #96047

I have my insurance with American Family. The liability on my home owners covers my boat too, and I pay about $60 a year more for "replacement value" for my '59 Thompson and motor. It my not be the best way to rely on "replacement value", but it is better than nothing and we are protected if something happens. And like everyone else, I hope we never have to use it.
Bill

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #96064

Just got insurance through Hagerty for my little MFG. With the ACBS discount is was $200 even - otherwise it would have been $217. $200 is also their minimum premium per year.

State Farm would not even insure it with a boat policy, let alone add it to my homeowners policy. They will not insure any boat over 30 years old.

Hagerty customer service is great and buying the policy was quick and easy. Did it all via email and phone. They do require sending them lots of pictures of your rig to establish condition.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:INSURANCE ????? 10 years 3 months ago #96158

I'll give my props to Hagery as well. Top Notch Service. I also Insure my '67 beetle through them. Agreed value, Max coverage, unlimited mileage, no use restrictions, $115.00 a year.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online