• Page:

TOPIC: BlackMax tilt trim

BlackMax tilt trim 11 years 2 months ago #80360

• PSUrandy
  • PSUrandy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This could be too new for this group but I'll ask anyway. I have a 1988 V-135 BlackMax on a Glastron that is 10 years older. Anyway, with the motor tilted up it will slowly (hours) leak down onto the trim cylinder rods and stay put there. I've got a factory manual for it and it says about a check valve in the port side trim cylinder. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have not been in a newer tilt trim assembly. I also think that the packing on the tilt cylinder could also be leaking? Also, when reversing, the motor will jump up a bit and stop. Lastly, I use one of those lock and haul transom savers and I noticed the motor will not hold down pressure and will jump off the saver after about 1hr of driving if going over a large bump, a big pain... I know all these are related. Any advice or just dig in the thing?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:BlackMax tilt trim 11 years 2 months ago #80369

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I dont get how it jumps off the transom saver, it should be strapped to it? Dont feel bad my '79/85hp rude drops so quick I have to run back to catch it to lock in up position, sometimes takes 3 trys :( Guess I'll have to rebuild mine also....lots of parts in mine...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login