Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6

Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79317

I remember a while back reading a post about installing the newer style integral power trim on an early inline 6 but, for the life of me, I cannot find the post. Or did I imagine it?

I'm really interested in fitting a power trim unit and really liked the cleanness of the integral system.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79339

• tim_c
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Mark;
It can be done. Provided you have a long shaft motor. You'll need a donor motor for the trim set up. You'll need to pull your powerhead to remove the upper mount bolts. Remove the entire old swivel assembly & just replace it with the assembly from the donor motor. Sounds simple but isn't . not a terrible job but time consuming.

Re: Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79345

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Marc, get hold of Doc Frankenmerc, he's done this numerous times and knows the ins-n-outs of the retrofit......ed

Re:Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79347

Thanks guys. I do have a long shaft motor. Do you think it would just be better to install the older dual-ram type?

Thanks,
Mark

Re:Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79430

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
If ya got room for the pump in the hull, you can run the 4 trim lines on a dual ram a lot easier, and easy to either grommet through deck/splash well, or something, that would look clean.
Changing something that does the same thing, but way more expense and work, not worth it to me. Up to you really.

Re:Power Trim Tilt For Inline 6 11 years 3 months ago #79498

I did this with my 1975 1500, swapped in a mid from an 86 inline. Everything bolts up the same. The later brackets are bolt on vs clamp on which is a plus. The later brackets are wider with more support area for the transom, also a plus. The steering tube is longer, also a plus.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online