• Page:

TOPIC: ADI conversion question

ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71634

• 67sears
  • 67sears's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a question on what to swap. I have a 84 115 that has a frozen swivel bearing and a 75 1500 with pt&t. I think I want the ADI ignition and I want power trim with the 1500 has, and the 115 does not. What is the best way to get what I want? Should I free the swivel bearing on the 115 and add the power trim, or should I swap the ADI to the 1500. Pros and cons Please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71644

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you know why the swivel bushing is stuck? I would think if you can get lubrication in there, it should free it up.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71646

You can convert your 1500 to ADi, I have done mine. If the 115 is running nicely the simple swap would be to move the 115 powerhead onto the 1500 midsection. If you have the late model lower end on the 115, swept back, it will swap over to the 1500 mid as well, no issues at all. If you decide to keep the 1500 intact and move the adi components over there are a few things to consider. You have to swap the front crankcase halves and the top of the 1500 block is taller than the front half of the ADI 115. You will have to make shims for the front half to bring it even, or mill the 1500 block down. Shimming works fine. You will have to move the 1500 carbs to the ADI front and change the top lever on the top carb from the ADI Carbs, the linkages interchange no problem. The starter brackets are different and need to make the move over as well. The top cowl from the ADI needs to move to the 1500 as well. The top end cap from the adi also needs to move over as does the stator and the trigger. The aluminum mounting plate for the coils and switch packs has to move over as well. The 1500 intake cover plates are longer than the 115 ADI so some of the holes to mount the aluminum bracket will be unavailable. If you decide to go ahead I would be happy to talk you through any snags as they come up.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71648

• 67sears
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I have been pumping and spraying everything I could think of in it for over a year off and on. the odd thing is it is in great shape other wise. I have heated it even. I kinda gave up I am sure i could get it apart but it's not gonna be pretty.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71649

• 67sears
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
That is a lot to do to put the ADI on the 1500. What do you think is the biggest gain by doing it and what carbs would be best to use.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71650

67sears wrote:

That is a lot to do to put the ADI on the 1500. What do you think is the biggest gain by doing it and what carbs would be best to use.

I agree, I was posting the details so you could make an informed decision. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the distributor setup. If you have a good running 1500 there is no reason to change it. The 1500 carbs are the best.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71654

• 67sears
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I have one more question what is the best way to put one of these on a jack plate? With the 1500 thumb screw or the 115 hang over bolt on.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71656

Definitely the hangover bolt on.

Re:ADI conversion question 11 years 10 months ago #71657

• 67sears
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Dave for all the info maybe by spring I will get this little boat wet

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online