Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 66 merc 500 voltage regulator

66 merc 500 voltage regulator 12 years 4 months ago #61356

howdy to all, new to this forum, but i must say looks like its one of the best out there, espically when it comes to vintage boats and powertrains. anyways im startin to finish up the restoration on the old aerocraft and merc 500 longshaft, and just have to tidy up some loose ends, and one in particular thats bugging me is the voltage regulator and its non-functioning condition. on short trips etc... its not really a huge issue, but it would be really nice if i had a functional charging system, does anybody know where I may be able to find a replacement? searching various manf sites I can find plenty of listings for what appears to be a modern replacement for the 67 model year. does anybody have any experience with these? i would like to think they will work on the 66 but really dont feel like having a trial by fire. anyways any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:66 merc 500 voltage regulator 12 years 4 months ago #61361

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Aerocraft59, glad to have you join us. If you type in "voltage regulator" in the Search Forum box above, it will bring up all the posts here that relate to that subject. The resident Merc guru's discussed this subject not long ago, here's one of the main threads on part numbers, hook up instructions, etc.....
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/mercury-outpost/doc-need-the-wiring-for-the-merc-volt-regulator#43106
(It pertains mainly to the stack 6 motors, possibly one of the gang can confirm or clearify the application to your motor.)

Mark

Re: 66 merc 500 voltage regulator 12 years 4 months ago #61370

it is a rectifyer not a regulater. if you run with the battery unhooked it will fry. any of the merc rectifyers work 2 yellow wires from the stater under the flywheel. 1 red battery wire

Re: 66 merc 500 voltage regulator 12 years 4 months ago #61396

Thanks for the input guys looked over some older posts,and seems like a pretty simple fix.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online