Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 MK 58 haS ARRIVED !! But has no spark

1959 MK 58 haS ARRIVED !! But has no spark 12 years 4 months ago #60924

I am waiting on manual but do not want to wait. I pulled magneto/cap assembly off engine. Distributor cap held on by two screws to mag plastic. Removing screws cap is "glued" on. This looks really fragile. Any removal advice ? Thanks Dave

Also connected via wire-I am guessing a mercury contact switch, to ground out if tipped. Is this a correct assumption?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:1959 MK 58 haS ARRIVED !! But has no spark 12 years 4 months ago #60934

The mercury switch should be connected to the terminal on the side of the magneto. The cap should be held onto the magneto by four screws not 2. One on each corner. If I was at home I would scan that page of the man to you. Disconnect the wire from the mercury switch and turn the shaft and check for spar by holding a plug wire near the mag case.

Re:1959 MK 58 haS ARRIVED !! But has no spark 12 years 4 months ago #60935

I disconnected wire(s) to mag and no spark. Top cap that holds wires has two screws which attach to a larger cap. That larger cap does have four screws using bent tab locks. Dave

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:1959 MK 58 haS ARRIVED !! But has no spark 12 years 4 months ago #60939

take the 2 screws out if the cap give it a tap sieways to release the gasket. then with 2 screw drivers at 180degrees in the corners pry the rotor our gentle. then the 4 screws for the cover. you are into the points etc.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online