• Page:

TOPIC: Won't Turn over ??

Won't Turn over ?? 13 years 2 months ago #37544

• 65G3
  • 65G3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Dr. I had replaced the neutral safety switch , on my 1970 70 HP Merc. I accidently hit the neg and pos terminal backwards ,for a micro second!! And then connected them the right way ..Now I can't turn the engine over , If I jump the starter solenoid it cranks.. I checked the kill switch,and the neutral safety switch .Could I have shorted the rectifier ?? UPDATE TODAY .... Just found some wires today that were corroded,the corrosion traveled right up into the wire brading right up under the flywheel .Now I gotta pull the flywheel off to replace them !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Won't Turn over ?? 13 years 2 months ago #37550

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm no expert but a bad rectifier shouldn't affect cranking. It won't charge but will crank. If you have a volt meter check for voltage at the yellow wire at the solenoid when the key is turn to the start position. You could also use a test light but it won't tell you how much voltage you have. If no voltage at the yellow terminal you will need to back track towards the neutral safety and ignition switch,power feed to the ignition switch. Is there a fuse in the system somewhere?

Melanie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online