• Page:

TOPIC: FOUND: 1963 Merc 650

FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32747

• Zwarbyt
  • Zwarbyt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Co-worker has it in her barn, hasn't run in 5+ years and the control lines are frayed, lower end is off the motor and it was in "unknown" condition, too much work for me though I would mention it here if anyone wanted dibs $100 located near Rochester NY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32781

Is this something that you would be willing to partially disassemble and box up and ship for a fee?
If so - please write direct to me.
Thom frankenmerc at comcast dot net

Tim Calmes is toystorage at frontier dot com

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32784

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
If Zman can't ship it, I can, as long as he picks it up. I am in the Rochester area every couple weeks in the summer and would pick it up from him and ship it out to you. Let me know if you want to go in that direction.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32790

Thanks - that would be helpful.
I don't really need it, but if it is a fresh water Merc needing a home I'll spend a few bucks to rescue some of it.
If it has any hints of salt water use or corrosion I have PLENTY of those.
:laugh:
I'll wait for Zman to respond as I don't really want to push.
Thom

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32831

• Zwarbyt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
No prob I sent you an email, I think you listed two, if you dont get it mine is below, yes its freshwater, let me know what you are looking for, if you have a commercial address I can probably ship the motor whole let me know.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32966

I just sent to an email. I am in Rochester and am interested.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32984

It looks like Tim, 'barn finder' is on top of it and wants it so I'm happy to learn someone closer is interested.
Thom
:)

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #32996

Guys,

First off thanks Zwbrayt for putting me in contact with the seller today.

I just returned from a 60 mile round trip to view the motor. I am grateful for the opportunity to look and maybe take her but I have passed.

I certainly don't want to discourage a sale here but feel obligated to give my interpretation after laying eyes on it.

First off.... the lower is off because it is toast(apparently cracked or something but not right with my two second turning of drive shaft on way out.)

The poor old girl has both been a victim of many years of a wet environment and a has provided a perfect home to some mice or small critters looking to nest out of a wetter place. Lots of rust/corrosion on everything inside the wrap along with a ton of nesting materials and acorn shells etc.. I didn't really get to check much else like the condition of the wiring because it was about chest high on a shelf and could not take wrap off and inspect properly.

The good news is that cosmetically it looks decent, Wrap is good with no major dents, front plate ok, etc. Also controls look decent(no key present) and wiring harness looks ok. Shift/throttle cables are no good as mentioned by Zwarbyt.

All in all...probably great for a parts motor and if I already had one would have taken it for sure at the decent price she is asking but it will take a major restore of parts outside the powerhead and a new lower(assuming all is ok inside the block)

Just trying to be honest about what I saw after my trip to see it and I appreciate the opportunity Zwarbyt. I think that you should advise her to list it locally on Craigs as a parts motor with some pics and she may find someone looking for something,,,,the powerhead or controls/harness are worth what she is asking for sure.

Sincerely,

Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:FOUND: 1963 Merc 650 13 years 4 months ago #33006

• Zwarbyt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Like I said it is more work than I wanted... If anyone wants parts let me know...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online