Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything?

1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28250

I was looking for a 10-15 HP outboard for my 1969 KingFisher. I found one on craigslist, however a stipulation was to purchase this 50 HP engine from him as well, because he wanted it out of his garage. I ended up purchasing it for $50, but no title. I figure I can part the engine out or give to a dealership (however I am not certain they will take it).

I know nothing about engines, but am computer savey, so figured I would post something here to get input on what I should do with this outboard? It seems to have good, however that's irrelevant. What should I do with it? I'd like to at least get my $50 back if possible, but if it's worth more where do I take it to get someone to purchase it?

Attached is a few pictures of it. Email me back at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28254

I am welcome to give this to someone that can do something with it too. Know I am not trying to use this site as a craigslist. Is this worth anything to anyone or should I take it to the dump?

I'd appreciate input from someone that knows about this engine.

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28255

If you were in Pennslvania, I would be happy to help take it off of your hands for $50...

Since I see that you are in Texas, shipping wouldn't be worth it to me, but others might be interested.. that would be a nice little motor for someone... wouldn't take it to the dump unless it was stuck. Someone will be willing to give it a go!

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28256

Thanks for your input!

The person I purchased it from said it's not stuck, just needs someone to put a little work into the wiring and maintenance is necessary.

Note I have the shifter that came with it, old cables and electric plug in, but their worn out a bit.

Anyone near Dallas let me know if you are interested in taking this off my hands. Thanks all!

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28259

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Check your email inbox JP

Mark

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28261

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Same here if you were in NY I would give you $50 in a heartbeat.

... Then my GF would Yell at me... but I'd still be happy ;-)

Re:1960's Merc 500 50 HP Four-Is this worth anything? 13 years 6 months ago #28263

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ya still got a GF? mine left 3 boats ago,oh well hah.Kind of like the fishing song-I'm sure going to miss her,looky here I got a bite etc.
Everyone on here would grab that for 50,somone is always looking for a engine that size.Sell it all day for 250 as is on Craigs if there was no boat to put under it.Or better yet, hang it on the wall untill one "showed up".

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle