• Page:

TOPIC: Screwed up...need advise

Screwed up...need advise 8 years 9 months ago #118592

• 75GT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,
Well....not even one day into 2016 and I think I made a big mistake here. I was cleaning the assembled but stripped down power head of my mark 55. Had it sitting straight up, carb openings taped over with duct tape, plugs in it to seal off cylinders. I thought those were the only openings to the interior of the power head besides the bottom, but like I said it was sitting straight up so nothing getting up inside there. I sprayed it down with engine degreaser, let it soak, rinsed off with hot water. Then hit it with purple clean, again letting it soak, then a really good hot water rinse. After it looked GREAT. Clean as could be. What I did not realize is the port that gives the fuel pump it's pulse was open the whole time. I know some water got in there. Where does that passage lead to inside the block, and how bad is it that water got in there? I'm just sick here worrying about this. How bad of a screw up is this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Screwed up...need advise 8 years 9 months ago #118594

just lay on it's back and spin it over while spraying fuel mix in the carb area. the holes go into the intake port area. if you can run it a minute or 2. would be best.

Re:Screwed up...need advise 8 years 9 months ago #118595

• 75GT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It's stripped bare, everything off the block and off the motor entirely. Would laying it on it's back, plugs out and spinning it while shooting fogging oil in the carb openings help? I can throw the flywheel and starter on quick to do that.

Re:Screwed up...need advise 8 years 9 months ago #118596

yes it would.

Re:Screwed up...need advise 8 years 9 months ago #118597

• 75GT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you again Dave, You are a true gentleman and a blessing to Merc newbies everywhere.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online