Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1971 MErc 1350

1971 MErc 1350 8 years 10 months ago #117746

Got this for a pretty decent price, story goes that a uncle died, ran until parked when his health went down the drain, boat deteriorated, nephew cut it off at the motor, junked the boat and control box. Not a definite on the last time ran or how it performed.it was outside but under some trees, paint and decals aren't faded as bad as I expected so it must have been shaded well.

The boat restoration is my focus right now but the motor will be soon enough. I will be seeking help and advice when the time comes.
The wire harness is far gone. I located a AOMCI member up north who advertises restoring the harness for $100. Take mine off and label it, a week later he sends a reworked one with my old labels on it. That will be step one.

Only other concern so far it possibly the lower unit. When in neutral or in hear turning the prop the wrong direction( I forgot which)that distinctive clink knock, chink whatever you call it does not sound or feel right.
I've had an 800 before, and my buddy has a 7.5hp and 40hp the same style, that's what the comparison was based on.

Also, when the bugs are worked out and its ready for the boat. How fun will that 135 be without power trim?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online