Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Value for 1967 Merc and Tomahawk boat?

Value for 1967 Merc and Tomahawk boat? 9 years 2 months ago #113540

I inherited a 1967 Tomahawk boat (manufactured by Harley Davidson), which has a 1967 Kiekhaefer Mercury 650 outboard engine. The engine runs great and have video to show it. The boat is in good shape overall as well. I'd like to sell as it's a 4 seater and can not fit my entire family (4 children). Can anyone recommend a good asking price?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Value for 1967 Merc and Tomahawk boat? 9 years 2 months ago #113557

Depends on where you live and the people who live there, what they view as value. I look at your boat as a timeless classic, while others view it as just an old boat not worthy of consideration. If it is as clean as you say and the engine and boat are solid, than $2500 to 3K are possible to the right buyer. Toss it out there and see, one never knows, but run your ad as a classic boat for sale to let people know where you stand, and never ask $3000.00 if that is what you want. Ask $2995.95, much more attractive when you are skimming the ads. They always look at the first number and tend to ignore the rest. Good luck with your sale.

Re:Value for 1967 Merc and Tomahawk boat? 9 years 2 months ago #113615

Thanks for your input!

Re:Value for 1967 Merc and Tomahawk boat? 9 years 2 months ago #113624

One of the problems with this hobby (and many others), is that pricing is all over the place. If someone is looking at a turn key old boat and money is not the issue, then those numbers may be accurate. Also depends on what else is available in your market also.

If one knows where to look, and one is willing to do some work, pricing is much lower. I know of at least 6 free fiberglass runabouts right now, a couple with trailers. They need work (actually a couple may just need a good buffing) but are not basket cases. Of course, once someone has done a floor and/or transom replacement, on a fiberglass boat, they have more respect for one that either doesn't need it or it is already done. Which is why, when I was looking for a new boat this spring, I went with a lummie. No floor and transom took about 3 total hours to change, if that.

Motors usually have more value, especially ones in nice condition, like your Merc. I would say that a decent asking price for the whole thing would be just either side of $1500 to the right buyer, if the rig is turn key and basically needs nothing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online