• Page:

TOPIC: Trouble shooting fuel problems in a '82 Merc 150

Trouble shooting fuel problems in a '82 Merc 150 9 years 4 months ago #109613

• headley
  • headley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
you may have seen my thread about replacing floats. After years of gas pouring out of the carbs (especially the lower one) I thought I had the problem licked when I replaced the floats and properly calibrated them. It had been running great with no fuel leakage but after a high speed test today it started missing, smoking and spewing gas out the bottom carb. I had seen this kind of behavior before so I yanked it.

It looked perfect as far as floats go. One of the high speed jets had an irregular opening at the top, like it had been smacked with something. Could this be the culprit? If so how do you get it out?

notice that close jet is nicked and looking at the bottom of the plate it seats into there is a divot. does this have to seat to the bottom of the plate it seats into? I see nothing in the (3rd party) manual.

I yanked the two bottom plugs and one was very fouled.

Thanks for your advice boys, Thom
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Trouble shooting fuel problems in a '82 Merc 150 9 years 4 months ago #109833

• headley
  • headley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Joe Poole was so generous with his time on this matter. I pinged him about the problem and he called me, on his dime, and gave me advice for over 30 minutes. It was a float problem, possibly from a wrong part. It is repaired for now. But I know that I will get all my parts from Joe; good prices, and great personal service. If he doesn't have the part he will find it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online