Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just Bought an old KF-5

Just Bought an old KF-5 9 years 4 months ago #109575

Just bought another Mercury - it's a KF-5. This is my second old Mercury - does this mean I'm a collector now? Anyway, I mentioned to my wife that it might be nice to have a kicker motor in case our main engine (Merc 400) fails, and she agreed! What better excuse does a man need to buy another Mercury?

This one is a little rough, but it was cheap and I figured I could always use it for a parts motor if it's shot.

Problem is the prop has one of the blades broken off. Does anyone have an extra prop for sale that will fit this motor?

I'm assuming it will need a new impeller at the very least. Is that pretty straighforward on this engine? Also, where does the telltale come out so I know if its pumping?

Pics attached - hopefully.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Just Bought an old KF-5 9 years 4 months ago #110335

Well it looks like I bought myself a nice piece of wall art for $30 bucks. It looks like someone tried to separate the upper and lower pieces of the powerhead with a cold chisel, and its got a couple of the bosses for the bolts broken off.

The carburetor looks to be in good shape (I went through it and cleaned the gunk out of the bowl) and the bottom end seems tight so it is probably OK. Other than that, not a lot of good things to say about this motor.

I probably should have looked at it a little closer before I bought it, but at least I got a little smarter for my money.

Gadabout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online