Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP

Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109556

So, my 76 1150 was a NON tilt and trim version, and I had a CMC PT130 on it for my tilt/trim. Every season it won't work and i have to remove the motor to fill the fluid as it's leaking. It's an older style pump and they no longer make it.

So I obtained an external factory pump/motor, two pistons, and lines.
I've bench tested them and they seem to work great. Now to retrofit on....

My question is, can I use the non tilt/trim transom bracket (swivel bracket) and just bolt the pistons in place of the old shock absorbers? Do I need a longer upper bolt and intermediate bolt to put them in correctly? Looking at the CMC PT130 and how it all fits together, it seems as if I have to replace them and either move the motor onto the transom or buy a jack plate as well?

Any other tips for the conversion? I'd really like to get her back on the water this year. Last year I didn't get her out with as busy as I was with work, and the tilt/trim issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109557

If your motor has shocks then you just replace the shocks with the pistons. easy job.

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109558

dave bernard wrote:

If your motor has shocks then you just replace the shocks with the pistons. easy job.

Do I remove pistons from the brackets and replace the shocks that way? Or do I need the brackets that came with the pistons?

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109562

use the brackets. the brackets bolt to the upper shock mount first then to the transom. motor does not have to be removed from the boat.

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109564

dave bernard wrote:

use the brackets. the brackets bolt to the upper shock mount. motor does not have to be removed from the boat.

I'm going to have to look at it again. I thought the bolt underneath and the upper main bolt would have to be much longer.

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109565

1 914 310 7086 Dave.

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109576

I'll give ya a shout this weekend. Thanks for the help!

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109580

10-4

Re:Tilt and Trim Conversion 76 1150 TOP 9 years 4 months ago #109596

:)
doc
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online