Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: dockbuster controls

dockbuster controls 9 years 5 months ago #108896

Hey all

Tonight I was messing with the controls for my mark 75 and have a dumb question. I have the top off the control box so I can see the operArion of the switches and I don't see what shuts the engine off whEn the lever is pulled to the neutral position ? I am sure that I am just missed understanding something here.

Anyone have aNY insight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: dockbuster controls 9 years 5 months ago #108900

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Not a "dumb" question, as there is nothing intuitive about how E.C.K. and his engineers brought about the Direct Reversing wonder!

Actually, there is no "neutral"; when running in Forward, and you pull back on the control lever, the spark advance is automatically reduced (via rotation of the distributor), the motor runs slower, and eventually gets to a point where the spark is so retarded that the engine will quit. It physically cannot run with that spark timing.

Then, as you pull the lever even further aft, the distributor keeps rotating until it reaches the point where there is enough spark advance in the opposite direction to allow the engine to start and run backwards (Reverse); any further movement of the control lever in the aft direction opens the throttle butterflys (very limited opening in Reverse).

And of course, a myriad of adjustments that must be done correctly to get it all to work!

Years ago I had a 700E Dockbuster (jet-prop exhaust) and once I got it all tuned & synched properly, it ran like a Swiss watch & started with just a bump of the key. Best $25 motor I ever bought!

Hope that helps clear up the Cornfusion!....ed

Re: dockbuster controls 9 years 5 months ago #108913

Thanks Ed. That makes perfect sense now that you explain it. For some reason i had in my head that it would have a 3rd switch in the box that would actually kill the ignition, but now that you explained the operation i can see it doesn't need it.

Thanks again!
Scott

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online