Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Float needle info needed

Float needle info needed 9 years 11 months ago #101704

Rumor Control has it that Mercury Marine has a float needle that supersedes 1395-9022 for the 45hp 'classic fifty' 4 cyl.
The original needle has a small spring on it that makes it tough if not impossible to successfully set the float level and eliminate flooding or starvation.
I was told that Harry Brinkman (a very respected Mercury Guru) has posted somewhere a part number of a needle that does not have the spring, and resolves the problem in these (WMK) carburetors.
I don't know if the needle assembly Brinkman has suggested if for another model Merc's carburetors, or what the deal is.
The brass 'seat' for the needle in the classic fifty's carburetor is pressed into the carburetor body, so it can not be removed, as can be done in the older MerCarb(WMK) and Tillotson carburetors.
Any help in identifying this part number would be greatly appreciated.
Doc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Float needle info needed 9 years 10 months ago #102500

I wish I could help Doc, you have provided so much help to others on here. It must be the post number "666" that has caused you not to get any replies!!!

Re:Float needle info needed 9 years 10 months ago #102524

Ar-r-r-rggggh! I guess I had better post and escape the evil '666'.

I actually found the needle part number needed. It is the one for the '88-'92 L-3 & L-4 Mercs. Nuttin' special.
Doc

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online